It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Do you want to work for a company that works hard and plays hard? Do you want to walk in the door knowing you will be working for a company that is experiencing explosive growth and will be relying on you to help accelerate and sustain it? OMS Service Automation and Tooling team is looking for a Manager with background in automation and tooling. OMS is the heart and engine for Workday's cloud based platform. This role will support the OMSSRE organization in building automation and tooling for production systems, metrics frameworks and for performance and scalability analysis and optimizations covering all areas of the OMS platform and beyond. Our mission is to enable building a better infrastructure for OMS services to operate efficiently and reliably in all environments and platforms.
* Collaborative team player that excels in working in a fast-paced, challenging environment and genuinely enjoys it.
* Demonstrated ability to hire the best engineers in a competitive job market and retain them.
* Well versed in design & algorithms as well as strong analytical and debugging skills.
* A good understanding of Agile methodologies and a deep understanding of engineering best practices.
* Strong technical skills with background in OOP/Java.
* Understanding of concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
* Solid fundamentals and experience with Databases (MySQL preferred) and experience in DB operations with some DBA level experience.
* Experience with building tooling and automation for production systems.
* Good knowledge of python, shell, ruby and linux internals.
* Solid written and oral communication skills
* Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering
* UNIX or Linux experience
* Familiar with development tools such as GIT/SVN, Eclipse/IntelliJ, JUnit, Maven/Gradle, Jira…
* Web Application Development, Application Servers Tomcat, Web Services development experience (SOAP or REST)
* Good knowledge of Java ergonomics and GC behavior
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.