We are looking for a Release Engineering Manager to join Snap Inc! As Manager of our Release Engineering team, you will be responsible for a team of Release Engineers building and refining our release process to scale and match our growing business and expanding list of products to support. Working from our Seattle, WA office, you will assist in making critical decisions that impact millions of Snapchatters around the world on both iOS and Android platforms. You will be a vocal customer advocate collaborating and influencing Engineering, Designers, Customer Operations, Data Scientists, Communications, and Leadership teams to deliver reliable, high quality experiences to our customers.
What you'll do:
Strategy and team management
* Manage and develop a team of diligent, responsive, creative, smart, and kind Release Engineers by providing feedback, coaching, and mentorship on a regular basis * Define team organization and structure * Source, hire, and onboards Release Engineers as needed * Manage team budget * Define 2+ years release management strategy for supporting all Snap Inc. products worldwide * Iterate on existing release processes and tools to improve release cadences in support of business demands * Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Business Go/No-Go Reviews * Communicate and drive key release milestones and requirements across Product and Engineering organizations * Research and integrate new industry technologies and configuration management methodologies for internal tooling improvements * Implement and manage processes and procedures to improve the quality of customer experiences including oversight of CI/CD tools and automation testing and quality of release criteria
Efficiency and expertise
* Measure and drive release process efficiencies on iOS and Android * Oversee internal, Beta and Production app release processes * Possess ability to drive iOS and Android releases * Build and manage cross-functional relationships with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Design and Program Managers, Communications, Customer Support, and Data Scientists * Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and with great quality
Quality, Risk Management, and Advocacy
* Proactively manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, reliability, and stability * Provide contextual judgement and use data to drive tough decisions * Monitor and provide regular release health status reports to executive leadership team * Communicate status of releases, and any changes in plan/scope effectively across all cross functional groups * Ensure quality, compliancy, and privacy standards are upheld cross-functionally * Be a vocal advocate for our customers' experiences
* 7+ years in a technical capacity with 5+ years in release management
* 5+ years of technical management experience of at least 4 full-time employees
* Experience managing iOS and Android releases and a deep understanding of release management principles
* Experience working cross-functionally with globally distributed teams that have differing business priorities in a high velocity environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and convey messages to a wide range of stakeholders
* Strong analytical skills and experience utilizing tools to visualize trends and key metric monitoring
* Experience making critical decisions for complex technical issues in real-time, considering timelines and urgency
* Strong attention to detail and ability to execute
* Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Fastlane, CircleCi, or equivalent tools is a plus
* Experience in SQL, data analytics and data visualization tools (i.e., BigQuery, Looker) is a plus
* Experience in JIRA (i.e. JQL) is a plus
* Experience with HockeyApp or another app distribution tool is a plus
About Snap Inc.
Snap is a company that provides technology and social media services.