Automatic Labs, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is looking for a QA Manager. The role of QA Manager is a critical position within Automatic Labs, intersecting the boundary of the product, engineering and business development teams with our customers. The successful candidate for this role will ensure the delivery of high-quality products to both consumer and enterprise customers alike through orchestration of QA campaigns and hands on testing. The successful candidate will be a champion of quality and experience in our organization, looking out for the end customer experience and ensuring we keep raising the bar. This position will be responsible for organizing, training and supervising a team of QA engineers and specialists who develop integration test plans and perform systems integration testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and lead a team of Integration test engineers and specialists supplemented by additional company and external resources when required in integration testing complex telematics systems developed by internal and external development teams. * Recruit, motivate, develop and manage goals and performance of the QA team. * Develop plans to accomplish system integration testing and employ available resources with maximum effectiveness. * Identify resource gaps and deliver corrective plan as needed. * Work with management and other teams to balance a large, dynamic and imprecisely defined set of workloads in a rapidly changing situation. * Train and develop the capabilities of the integration test team. * Investigate, specify and manage implementation and maintenance of system integration test systems. * Advise the appropriate company management regarding the capabilities and impact of systems integration testing. * Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels or organization. Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous improvement and resolve issues. * Perform integration testing including: * Review detailed specifications, develop an understanding of the system and how to test the system, * Develop integration test plans, * Coordinate and perform system set-up and configuration in preparation for system integration testing, * Execute integration test plan and documents all results, * Coordinate with development regarding clarification, recreation, and resolution of detected issues.
* Team of 5 employees and contractors.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience. * 5+ years in systems integration testing, software testing, software engineering or application systems development.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Experience achieving challenging objectives and maintaining high standards in a demanding environment. * Ability to work in a continually changing, fast-paced, dynamic environment and driving issues to resolution. * Excellent collaboration, communication and presentation skills. * Personal leadership skills with successful track record of leading team to accomplish difficult objectives. * Department level management skill including budget, personnel review, scheduling and other administrative tasks. * Prior people management experience desired. * Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Excellent technical analysis, planning and problem solving skills. * Good knowledge of a defect tracking system and exposure to Agile methodologies * Demonstrated experience managing 24x7 information systems and/or technical operations servicing multiple customers. * Experienced in application systems analysis, design and programming activities. * Experience in backend CRM systems and customer life cycle events is required. Experience in an automated testing environment a plus. * Understanding of deployed wireless telecommunications infrastructure a plus. * Understanding of telematics including GPS systems, mobile phone technology and location based services a plus. * Experience with MS Office software, presentation software and project management software.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.