* Review the operational parameters which impact the bottomline (eg pyramid size, utilization etc) for the Project to ensure margins are met. * Raise invoices, as and when due. * Submit monthly budget plans and seek approvals required in case of any deviations. * Communicate and build awareness around MSA and contractual terms.
Opportunity Identification and Pursuit:
* Identify areas of valueadd in the current Project which can be taken up for account mining. * Support opportunity pursuit when requested (eg differentiators, estimates, underlying risks, scope etc). * Submit draft proposal for review to the Program Delivery Manager. * Contracting: Build an understanding of the MSA structure. * Prepare or validate the SOW / work orders inclusive of scope and milestones, acceptance criteria for the Project. * Negotiate on resources, time, scope, milestones within the scope of the Project.
* 1 Project Planning: Create Project plan including aspects such as cost, schedule, scope, requirements, risk, quality, communication & stakeholder management, effort estimation, resource planning. * Seek review comments from Program / Engagement Manager and customer (as required).
2 Risk Management and Dependency Management:
Identify and manage Risk during Project onset and during the course of the Project
* 3 Establish Project review and communication governance. * 4 Estimation and Resource Planning: Leverage scientific models to arrive at effort estimation and subsequently resource loading and scheduling. * Work with support teams eg Admin, HR to ensure resources are available. * Understand Project boundaries against SOW (scope of work, out of scope and assumptions). * Accountable for internal and customer Project environment including knowledge repository, C20, Project administration tools/applications, helpdesk/ticketing system, customer network connectivity, etc. * Setup team work environment wrt desktops/software/workspace. * 5 Requirements Gathering: Coordinate/ work on requirements gathering and execution process. * Identify key acceptance criteria items, key dependencies and complexity to be managed.
* 1 Requirements Understanding: Understand high level requirements. * Plan and track work packages under purview. * Understand and manage intercomponent dependencies within a work package and interwork package dependencies. * Validate that the requirements given are ready and full to be taken up by the Technical Lead and the team. * Identify gaps in requirements vs the envisaged high level scope and milestone (including NFRs, usability, user adoption and other implicit requirements).
2 Status Reporting:
Prepare status reports and conduct management reviews with applicable stakeholders
* 3 Signoff: Review design and architecture artifacts through the design, development and implementation phases as applicable. * Oversee timely reviews and sign off by the customer.
Undertake continuous re-planning and reprioritization as required to complete the Project on time
* 5 Scope Management: Conduct an impact analysis on the cost and other organizational parameters and report to the customer of any changes in the Project. * Perform Project estimation reviews and get approval from customer.
6 Escalation Management:
Inform the relevant client stakeholders in a timely manner, in case of exceptions
* 7 Metrics Management: Generate and review Project metrics and identify deviations. * Identify and drive corrective actions. * Resolve any escalated issues and escalate further, as required.
* Set up the Change Control procedures which include a Change Register, Change Impact Analysis and a Change Approval Process for the Project. * Making relevant changes to the SoW to reflect the same.
* Act as the point of contact on the Project delivery, for Project related updates with the client and for regular communication of Project updates. * Understand issues from the client perspective and provide appropriate solutions. * Liaise with relevant stakeholders (onsite Project team, horizontal teams, client team, Delivery Manager, Program Manager, etc) as required.
* Allocate work among team members. * Resolve team conflict & support team building activities. * Provide administrative support as and when required. * Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of team. * Identify skill gaps and training needs of team members and provide necessary support to address the same. * Provide inputs into the learning and career plans for team members. * Nominate team for awards. * Conduct training through academy and induction of new team members. * Establish backup plan for critical roles (for contingency).
* Identify reusable assets. * Review any best practices / innovations as circulated within the group. * Identify Project level tools or other items to be built for the Project. * Participate and network with Community of Practice to discuss/ resolve any business problems as faced during projects.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.