Program Delivery Manager
Science / Engineering graduate
* Review the operational parameters which impact the bottomline (eg pyramid size, utilization etc) for the Project to ensure margins are met.
* Raise invoices, as and when due.
* Submit monthly budget plans and seek approvals required in case of any deviations.
* Communicate and build awareness around MSA and contractual terms.
Opportunity Identification and Pursuit:
* Identify areas of valueadd in the current Project which can be taken up for account mining.
* Support opportunity pursuit when requested (eg differentiators, estimates, underlying risks, scope etc).
* Submit draft proposal for review to the Program Delivery Manager.
* Contracting: Build an understanding of the MSA structure.
* Prepare or validate the SOW / work orders inclusive of scope and milestones, acceptance criteria for the Project.
* Negotiate on resources, time, scope, milestones within the scope of the Project.
* 1 Project Planning: Create Project plan including aspects such as cost, schedule, scope, requirements, risk, quality, communication & stakeholder management, effort estimation, resource planning.
* Seek review comments from Program / Engagement Manager and customer (as required).
2 Risk Management and Dependency Management:
Identify and manage Risk during Project onset and during the course of the Project
* 3 Establish Project review and communication governance.
* 4 Estimation and Resource Planning: Leverage scientific models to arrive at effort estimation and subsequently resource loading and scheduling.
* Work with support teams eg Admin, HR to ensure resources are available.
* Understand Project boundaries against SOW (scope of work, out of scope and assumptions).
* Accountable for internal and customer Project environment including knowledge repository, C20, Project administration tools/applications, helpdesk/ticketing system, customer network connectivity, etc.
* Setup team work environment wrt desktops/software/workspace.
* 5 Requirements Gathering: Coordinate/ work on requirements gathering and execution process.
* Identify key acceptance criteria items, key dependencies and complexity to be managed.
* 1 Requirements Understanding: Understand high level requirements.
* Plan and track work packages under purview.
* Understand and manage intercomponent dependencies within a work package and interwork package dependencies.
* Validate that the requirements given are ready and full to be taken up by the Technical Lead and the team.
* Identify gaps in requirements vs the envisaged high level scope and milestone (including NFRs, usability, user adoption and other implicit requirements).
2 Status Reporting:
Prepare status reports and conduct management reviews with applicable stakeholders
* 3 Signoff: Review design and architecture artifacts through the design, development and implementation phases as applicable.
* Oversee timely reviews and sign off by the customer.
Undertake continuous re-planning and reprioritization as required to complete the Project on time
* 5 Scope Management: Conduct an impact analysis on the cost and other organizational parameters and report to the customer of any changes in the Project.
* Perform Project estimation reviews and get approval from customer.
6 Escalation Management:
Inform the relevant client stakeholders in a timely manner, in case of exceptions
* 7 Metrics Management: Generate and review Project metrics and identify deviations.
* Identify and drive corrective actions.
* Resolve any escalated issues and escalate further, as required.
* Set up the Change Control procedures which include a Change Register, Change Impact Analysis and a Change Approval Process for the Project.
* Making relevant changes to the SoW to reflect the same.
* Act as the point of contact on the Project delivery, for Project related updates with the client and for regular communication of Project updates.
* Understand issues from the client perspective and provide appropriate solutions.
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders (onsite Project team, horizontal teams, client team, Delivery Manager, Program Manager, etc) as required.
* Allocate work among team members.
* Resolve team conflict & support team building activities.
* Provide administrative support as and when required.
* Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of team.
* Identify skill gaps and training needs of team members and provide necessary support to address the same.
* Provide inputs into the learning and career plans for team members.
* Nominate team for awards.
* Conduct training through academy and induction of new team members.
* Establish backup plan for critical roles (for contingency).
* Identify reusable assets.
* Review any best practices / innovations as circulated within the group.
* Identify Project level tools or other items to be built for the Project.
* Participate and network with Community of Practice to discuss/ resolve any business problems as faced during projects.
Cognizant is a provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services.