Partners Data Systems
Job ID 1537369 Date posted Feb. 05, 2019
Pivotal Story VIDEO
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the world's largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to make software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You understand enterprise customer expectations of technical support and judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers. You are strategic, curious, and passionate about problem solving and enjoy leading improvements across processes, systems, and people. You internalize learning and forge deep, trusting relationships through mutual respect and kindness.
Your communication skills allow you to address concerns efficiently. You feel empowered to communicate your point of view and are able to steer groups towards decisions based on common objectives. You naturally want to take the lead in a group setting. You are comfortable advocating for your customer's best interests and collaborating with business partners. Your ability to speak up and add organization to any situation is one of your top talents.
We believe in being kind, doing the right thing, and working at a sustainable pace. We are also passionate about our people, building on individual strengths, and encouraging continuous learning and development. In Pivotal Support, we are committed to providing our customers with the highest level of service. We work in small teams around the globe, supporting customers 24x7. Nearly half of our team works from home. And, when you're off work, we want you to relax, recharge, and refocus.
As the manager of a team of project managers, you lead your team's day to day activities as they plan and execute a variety of projects and initiatives across the support organization. You help manage resource allocation and expansion, oversee team deliverables, and establish consistent agile project management protocols in alignment with the support organization's goals and objectives.
You ensure timely and consistent communication of project/ initiative scope, status, readiness, and business issues and risks across organization, management and executives. You mentor your team, give and receive feedback, and work with them on their career development opportunities.
Required Skills / Experiences
* Proven experience in building and leading a project management team including: training, mentoring, performance management, and development of direct reports, allocating and coordinating resources, managing project reporting dashboards, and oversight of processes
* Ability to influence others to achieve results and facilitate collaborative approach to problem solving and decision-making
* Proven understanding of business requirements gathering (e.g., identifying and mapping business needs to application capabilities)
* Minimum of 6 years project management experience in developing and deploying complex solutions in an agile environment, with at least 2 years managing direct reports
Desired Skills / Experiences
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent
* You have achieved Scrum Master and/or PMP certification
* Adept in managing change across organization, including learning new systems and optimizing various processes through continuous improvement projects
* Experience with system such as Salesforce Service Cloud, Tracker, Jira, Freshdesk
* Experience working with globally distributed sites and teams
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.