United States of America
HCA39: Marina Del Rey, CA (IMS INC) 4553 Glencoe Avenue Suite 100, Marina Del Ray, CA, 90292 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
In this role you will be responsible for managing multiple Program Managers, who will be responsible for projects. The duties of this position will include ensuring on time delivery of projects/programs, meeting cost, schedule, technical performance, and budget requirements, adhering to the Collins Aerospace IMS quality processes and procedures, managing cash and margin, and delivering the end product in conformity with the contract and Customer expectations.
This role is also responsible for the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms and conditions of contract; establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
* Providing adequate reporting to all stakeholders such as customers, business partners and management including preparing and presenting monthly project and financial reviews to management.
* Managing the internal and external communications.
* Act as a primary customer contact for a limited number of program activities, such as leading program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule and technical performance.
* Developing and securing the necessary resources for the execution of the project.
* Participate in the negotiation of small-scale contracts and contract changes.
* Participate in the preparation of small-scale proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
* Organizing the project team and ensuring that the team members have clearly identified roles, responsibilities, defined interfaces and are empowered within their scope of duties.
* Assuming full responsibility for the delivery of the allocated project(s) scope, with hand over from the Sales team until all obligations are complete.
* Taking necessary actions to improve the project process and provide feedback to internal team members on the performance of the Project and processes.
* Addressing any scope changes by deciding on actions and leading them in consideration of the defined strategy and informing Management of any impact on the overall performance of the project.
* Updating and reviewing the risk and opportunities of the project.
* Evaluating and deciding on actions that benefit the overall performance of the project and providing follow-up on these actions, implementation and results.
* Assist in the establishment of milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules; develop the project schedule, managing project float to ensure timely completion.
* Monitoring and reporting the necessary key performance indicators.
* Identify program problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Taking immediate and necessary actions to guarantee financial, time, quality and safety performance to maximize the allocated project scope and ensure goals are achieved.
* Limited responsibilities for workforce planning and organizational development initiatives: Talent Management; Performance Management; Change Management; Training.
To be successful in this position, the successful candidate must:
* Manage fixed price projects, as well as Time and Material projects
* Complete projects within budget and on schedule, while ensuring the customer's satisfaction
* Possess a good understanding of Freight & Transit Systems
* Be deliverable driven
* Possess a strong history of Program Management
* Functionally understand Subways, Light/Commuter Rails, Positive Train Control (PTC), and Freight Railroads - their operations, and systems
* Be a strong leader that can inspire and motivate direct reports as well as customers.
* This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
* Seven (7) or more years of experience as manager of a large project, including staffing, financial and project scope.
* Prior management experience with software and hardware engineers.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent computer and presentation skills.
* Knowledge of project planning tools, including MS Project, etc….
* Five (5) to eight (8) years in train control, freight systems or SCADA systems or process automation integration.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.