\Are you excited and passionate about delivering advanced analytics that directly influence the Alexa user experience? Do you see yourself as a champion of innovating on behalf of the customer by turning data insights into action? Come join Alexa Data Services team as Senior Program Manager in Capacity planning function.
Alexa and Echo are literally shaping the future of voice recognition and cloud-based content/services. Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service and the brain that powers Echo. Alexa is the deep learning engine that answers questions, plays music, reads the news and more-instantly. Our goal is to deliver the absolute perfect communication experience to our customers. Alexa Data Services team enables Alexa deep learning by providing Ground-Truth data to the Alexa engine.
This role is part of Alexa Data Services team that is responsible for understanding the business needs and build the best headcount plan across different supply channels to deliver on the business requirements. You will also design targeted programs focused on Alexa Data Services delivery plan that supports our Machine learning teams to deliver to end Alexa user. What is that you will do in this role? You will own, build, and maintain the headcount plan that delivers to customer (Alexa Modelling) teams that is optimal to meet the service levels as well as optimize on cost of operations. This role would include partnering with business teams across the Alexa organization for understanding requirements, defining internal programs that allow to make business tradeoffs, optimize the volume requirements through DSI (Downstream impact), and partnering with technology teams to make this self-service over next 3 years. You will not only build demand delivery model vision but also the vision to integrate it upstream for modelling teams. We are seeking an organized, action-oriented, and experienced program manager with a strong track record of taking on end-to-end ownership and delivering on large scale solutions in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Also, you will be a creative problem solver who is obsessed with delivering the best customer experience, as well as, a highly analytical, team-oriented individual with excellent communication skills. You will work with finance, operations, business teams, and our internal support functions to build the best capacity plan for Alexa data services. You will work with the capacity planning team to keep multiple projects on task, track and achieve operational goals, and plan team activities. You will be a face and voice for headcount planning team and ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks, and status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences and communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Responsible for ongoing and timely short term and long term headcount plan, including rolling plan with business grain, variance analysis, business adjustments, and KPIs, and on-time delivery into 3-year plan.
* Leading headcount planners and metrics management for worldwide data delivery network for Amazon data services.
* Drive both short term and long term HC plan based on volume forecasts into the planning exercise for investment decisions to optimize variable cost with finance and the leadership team.
* Create optimal short term plans for business by managing trade-offs between Customer Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, and Cost Effectiveness.
* Manage headcount staffing and scheduling for a headcount that runs to thousands supporting multiple business and geographies.
* Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring and managing key metrics related to the delivery model. Also, lead critical projects to improve planning and HC forecasting efficiency for global operations.
* Mitigate capacity risks by managing dependencies across multiple operating units and sites. Clearly communicate dependencies and manage/track expectations. Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network.
* Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
* Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders: Exhibits excellent judgment, Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo), Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology, Is strongly oriented towards results, Thinks big.
* Collaborate with stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.