The IT Solutions Delivery Program Manager reports to the team's Director and maintains both managerial and delivery responsibilities. The Program Manager directs a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts, and is responsible for capacity planning and work assignments, as it relates to projects and programs within their assigned programs and portfolio. The Program Manager also directs initiatives characterized as enterprise-wide, resource-intensive and critical to the business. Beyond staff administration and program management, this individual develops and practices a range of capabilities to meet the standard of world class Program Delivery and Planning including, but not limited to: analytics/management intelligence, demand management, internal/external partner management, market & competitive intelligence, best practice research, business partner satisfaction/experience, communications, quality, change management and continuous improvement.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Direct resources to plan, build, and run technology-based solutions consistent with CDW's implementation methodology.
* Leverage administrative tools to assign work and produce reports such as project dashboards, capacity plans, heat maps and resource utilization.
* Manage large, complex programs which are highly visible and critical to the business.
* Budget and manage resources - both human and financial - to run programs, projects and the team within stated targets.
* Use enterprise and business unit direction and goals to drive technology innovation
* Serve as a conduit with business partners, Finance & Planning, and IT to effectively govern projects from intake through implementation to ROI measurement.
* Manage key strategic internal relationships with business stakeholders and senior leadership, and interact at a high level with decision-makers
* Generate commercially relevant analytics and management intelligence (MI) for business partners where the focus is value, business enablement, and the optimization of IT resources.
* Practice Demand Management on a portfolio and program level, ensuring the effective pairing and brokering of supply (e.g., competencies, bandwidth) and demand (project intake).
* Communicate and execute change management activities at all levels of the organization
* Oversee internal and external providers of application, hardware, and/or integration services, including relationship management and measurement, statement-of-work or license administration, and work product review/acceptance.
* Has a strong understanding of where our industry is trending from a tools and overall IT standpoint, and has the ability to produce market and competitive intelligence position papers on subject matter relevant to CDW strategy as directly requested by business partners and/or IT leadership.
* Conduct meaningful talent management practices with peers and project/program resources assigned to efforts within assigned portfolio, including timely and honest performance feedback, assessment of potential, and career planning.
* Mentor and coach direct report coworkers and ensure their professional development through continuing education and participation in domain, trade, or industry affiliations/associations.
* Instill a learning culture among coworkers through knowledge sharing activities such as internal/external guest speakers, lunch and learns, training debriefs, and general team collaboration and knowledge sharing on experiences.
* Maintain a working knowledge of best practices.
* Conduct business partner satisfaction/experience evaluations on a frequent basis and apply feedback and insight to the Program Delivery and Strategy Team.
* Assemble and deliver ongoing business partner and intra-departmental communications, including memos, newsletters, and/or presentations.
* Become familiar with and sponsor quality and continuous improvement initiatives where process excellence is the goal by means of disciplines such as Six Sigma, LEAN and ISO.
* Support the Senior Director of Program Delivery and Strategy in his efforts to build a world class function
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
* 10 years experience in client facing, delivery, and business analysis and design roles.
* 5 years experience implementing technology-based solutions and/or re-engineering business processes.
Other Required Qualifications
* Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
* Proficient in the Microsoft Project application.
* Proficient in the NIKU Clarity application.
* Proficient in any number of business reporting applications such as Business Objects, Crystal, SAS, ProClarity, Cognos, Hyperion/Essbase.
* Demonstrated experience in managing programs and projects using a project management methodology.
* Successful history in decomposing business objectives into a series of associated projects and manage deliverables through project teams.
* Demonstrated thought leadership through problem solving skills with an understanding of process excellence.
* Demonstrated experience in analytics/management intelligence, demand management, internal/external partner management, market & competitive intelligence, best practice research, business partner satisfaction/experience, communications, and quality and continuous improvement.
* Proven track record of managing costs, schedules and budget-to-actual financial forecasting and reporting.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a matrix organization.
* Demonstrated ability to support the needs of the project team and internal stakeholders, while holding team members accountable for completion. Ability to identify and remove barriers to progress.
* Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across the company and departments at all levels.
* Master's Degree
* Industry Certifications (PMP, CBAP, Six Sigma).
* Experience in technology research & development or equivalent centers for innovation.
* Experience in management consulting.
* Experience in software development.
CDW is a company providing integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.