What you'll be doing...
As an industry leader, Verizon is in the center of the ecosystem architecture for 5G, Intelligent Edge, Multi-Access Edge Compute (MEC) with applications such as IOT, connected cars, aerial drone solutions, augmented intelligence and more. We have a unique ability to develop next generation platforms, influence technology standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of technology innovation. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities. You will hold a key role in helping shape this new path by managing large and complex strategic projects from initial business strategy definition over design to roll-out and execution, helping business unit and functional group senior leadership achieve growth and other strategic goals.
* Manage strategic internal projects across all project phases (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, closure) by driving operational improvement, growth, and other internal goals.
* Enable successful implementation by creating, aligning and coordinating complicated project plans that stay within scope and budget.
* Partner with leaders to drive execution to oversee the creation of deliverables for multi-year projects across a distributed, cross-functional team both internally and with partners.
* Facilitate governance and provide project reporting to sponsors and senior leadership by using a metrics-driven approach to assess and manage project performance.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders by working closely with business and functional leaders on cross-functional growth initiatives to build and maintain relationships.
* Develop new strategic capabilities by coaching project management skills for core teams.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A Master's degree or MBA.
* Two or more years in a Tier 1 management consulting firm.
* Strategic project management experience, preferably with a background in telecom or technology.
* PMP certification.
* Broad business knowledge in telecom and technology.
* Experience in a leadership role responsible for the design and implementation of a strategic project across an organization, company or business unit.
* Proficiency with process governance.
* Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise ways.
* Experience creating and presenting to various levels of an organization.
* Ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships.
* Experience handling extremely confidential information appropriately.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.