Title: Manager of Engineering
Location: San Francisco
Who Are we
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue at $300M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
The Cloud Security group focuses on developing cloud delivered security solutions (SaaS based) in a platform centric approach. This group was formed a couple a few years ago by combining some of existing cloud assets Cisco had with two hugely successful acquisitions - OpenDNS and Cloudlock. Our vision is to build the most complex security solutions in a cloud delivered way with utmost simplicity - disrupt industry's thinking around how deep and how broad a security solution can be while keeping it easy to deploy and simple to manage. We are at an exciting stage of this journey and looking for a passionate, innovative and action-oriented engineering leader to build our next-gen software that powers both our on-prem client software (Mac, Windows, iOS) and the highly scalable SaaS cloud services.
Why is cloud security relevant?
Because today's world has changed. The way we work has fundamentally changed. There is more roaming users than ever with rapid growth of BYOD. Business applications have moved to cloud. Enterprise's critical infrastructure has been moving to public/private cloud. At the same time, threat landscape has drastically changed with increased sophistication of attacks. The notion of traditional perimeter-based security is being disrupted. Since users, apps and infrastructure have all moved to cloud, security must too. Welcome to the team of geeks passionate about solving this very problem and making world a better place…a secure place.
We have a highly scalable cloud infrastructure spread across 30 data centers where we run our cloud security applications that operate at massive scale - 100B+ requests per day from 65M daily active users.
What You'll Be Responsible For
* You will lead an on-prem and SaaS engineering teams based in the San Francisco to build new client software for MacOS, iOS, and Windows; and also build scalable SaaS services in the cloud using AWS technologies
* You will be leading Win, Mac and iOs developers; and leading full stack engineers that will develop and operate highly scalable and highly available cloud services.
* You will focus on delivering value to customers early, often, and in a continuous fashion.
* You will collaborate with multiple engineering groups within Cisco to drive E2E solutions
* You will manage hiring and talent development on-site, and create a culture of execution excellence coupled with innovation.
What competencies are we looking for as must-have?
* 10+ years of software development experience building on-prem software and SaaS services in a devops model.
* You have 5+ years of proven experience in software engineering leadership roles, managing a team of SW developers building SaaS applications and services.
* You still code and are willing to be hands-on. You also have the ability to go deep into technical architecture and design when needed to solve a complex problem.
* You have a strong track record of managing SaaS projects and have delivered multiple cloud products in the past.
* Hands on coding experience and strong technical expertise on Linux, including cloud technologies and cloud architectural patterns. Key technology areas include Cloud IaaS and PaaS, API services, Containerization, Micro-services, Application monitoring and Elastic scaling.
* Experience in managing operations for a widely deployed on-prem client footprint and SaaS service.
* Agile and lean practices, DevOps culture and iterative customer feedback based development is a key aspect of our culture.
* Strong engineering delivery and execution track record using agile continuous deployment process
* Proven leadership skills on fostering engineering teams via coaching/mentoring, collaboration beyond boundaries, managing without authority and leading change.
* A mindset of continuous improvement.
Highly desirable competencies
* Experience in building cloud delivered SaaS based security solutions.
* Knowledge of the commercial landscape of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS vendors.
* Proven skills in managing a high growth business and scaling engineering teams.
Education: Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.