Join the Mobile Future with Tapjoy
Tapjoy is a creative workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets, and global perspectives. With offices all over the globe, Tapjoy provides mobile engagement and monetization services for leading advertisers and app developers. Advertisers rely on Tapjoy's diverse suite of rewarded Interplay™ ads including video and rich media to impact performance. Developers utilize our technology and mobile expertise to acquire and monetize users. The Tapjoy SDK is currently embedded in over 20,000 mobile apps, reaching 620 million monthly active users. Additionally, Tapjoy works with Fortune 500 brands and the Top 200 grossing app developers.
Here at Tapjoy, we promote a Joyful, Engaged, Trustworthy, and Innovative workplace with our company core values, and regularly celebrate and recognize the people who embody our values. Tapjoy believes its people are its greatest investments and we take extra care to support your time inside and outside of work with a multitude of benefits. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we are committed to continued education and involvement in our community to protect and expand our one-of-a-kind workplace.
Position Title: Manager of Data Science
We ignite the science of data to maximize mobile engagement and monetization for leading advertisers and app developers. Our mission is to revolutionize mobile engagement and monetization. By using cutting edge technology, and nearly a decade of experience, we help our advertising and app developer partners power up their performance.
Tapjoy is seeking a Technical Manager of Data Science with strong Data Science Algorithm hands-on skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Lead and mentor a team of data scientists
* Provide algorithm technical guidance and implementation details to data scientists
* Build data-driven, mobile advertising recommendation models and, working closely with the product team
* Constantly experiment and improve algorithms for the advertising recommendation/optimization system
* Work with the product/engineering team to implement, test and deploy the solution on Google Cloud Platform
Core Competencies include:
* Experience with advertising industry is a big plus
* Must be hands-on statistics and machine learning related industry projects
* Proficiency in writing efficient and reliable code in script languages such as Python
* Proficiency in RDBMS, SQL and NoSQL alternatives
* Understand major recommendation algorithms (Collaborative Filtering, Neural Networks)
* Understand various AD optimization algorithms (CTR prediction, eCPM optimization, user targeting and segmentation, RTB and real-time optimization)
* Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
* Passionate about machine learning and big data
* B.S., M.S. or Ph. D. in Computer Science, Statistics or similar applied technical field
* 5+ years of industry experience in data science or a related field
* 2+ years of experience in managing data science teams or track record of data science leadership excellence
Tapjoy is a one-of-a-kind workplace, comprised of people with different backgrounds, cultures, skill sets and global perspectives. In order to maintain what makes us so special here, we support work-life balance both inside and outside the office in many ways.
If you want to learn about building an amazing team with industry-leading technology, you want to surround yourself with brilliant, passionate entrepreneurial teammates at Tapjoy.
Tapjoy is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion lead to stronger, more innovative teams and better business results; we want to draw from the broadest talent pool possible and encourage qualified applicants. Tapjoy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, gender (including identity and expression), disability (mental or physical), religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification protected by applicable law; we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, and pursuant to applicable fair chance ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
Tapjoy is a company providing a mobile analytics and marketing automation platform.