USG JOB DESCRIPTION
Manager, Network Optimization Planning
Sr. Manager, Logistics
# Direct Reports:
The Manager, Network Optimization Planning is responsible for directing the activities of the Network Optimization Supply Chain (NOP) team for 40 manufacturing plants, spanning multiple business units covering over $2B in revenue in the U.S. and Canada.
The Manager supports USG's strategic goals through effective and efficient modeling and capacity planning, including recurring model runs, ad-hoc analysis, and what-if scenarios.
The leader of this function assists in determining short- and long-range optimal manufacturing and warehouse network designs and capacity planning, across multiple business units and product families. The leader is a subject matter expert in the use of modeling software, and directs, leads, and coaches the team on optimized and constraint-based modeling scenarios.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Direct NOP, capacity planning, and network optimization activities.
* Leads the NOP team, managing a staff of analysts and planners, while prioritizing and coordinating department resources.
* Coordinates cross functionally with a diverse group of internal stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes for USG
* Lead complex cross-functional supply chain projects and initiatives.
* Collaborate with IT partners to provide subject matter expertise on data analysis and modeling requirements for Oracle ERP, Modeling software, and business intelligence reporting.
* Lead development and prioritization of modeling and capacity planning projects to support the overall business strategy.
* Champion adoption of Lean Six Sigma and Lean Management, by supporting green belt development, sponsoring projects, and leading continuous improvement events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent leadership, people, and coaching skills.
* Strong analytical and decision-making skills, including the ability to identify and analyze problems, set priorities, and to recommend creative solutions.
* Capable of building strong cross-functional relationships and understanding needs of internal customers.
* Ability to think at a strategic level and translate strategic vision to actionable plans.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to manage and summarize data in a clear, concise manner at the appropriate level of detail.
* Strong project management ability and process development skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Highly motivated and results oriented.
* Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products, advanced Microsoft Access and Excel user. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
* Translates strategy into action
* Problem solving / analysis
* Planning and organizing
Focus on Customer and Market
* Understands customer needs
* Market / Industry knowledge
* Shares knowledge
Innovation and Growth
* Adopts new ideas and creates new concepts
* Entrepreneurship (calculated risk taking)
* Process Improvement
Inspires and Motivates
* Builds trust and respect
* Creates teamwork and recognizes and celebrates contributions
* Leverages diversity
Coaches and Develops
* Provides feedback
* Develops others
* Builds talent pipeline
Partnerships and Collaboration
* Communication and interpersonal skills
* External partnerships (customers, vendors and suppliers)
* Cross-functional / internal collaboration
Ownership and Results
* Accountability and initiative
* Performance orientation
* Judgment and decision-making
Learning and Growth
* Commitment to self - development
* Learning agility
* Change adaptability
* Sensitivity to others
* Stress tolerance
Education and Related Experience
* Bachelor's degree. MBA degree preferred.
* Leadership and cross-functional experience in supply chain management.
* Leadership experience managing teams.
Years of Experience
* 10 Years work experience
* 5 Years in supervisory role
* APICS CPIM, CSCMP certification preferred
* LSS Black/Green Belt preferred
EOE including disability/veteran
USG Corporation is a manufacturer and distributor of building materials.