Manage the Network Engineering team as well as act as a technical lead in designing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting a high-availability, enterprise network. The ideal candidate has a strong background in Network Engineering & Architecture with a focus on high availability, large-scale environments. The person in this position is responsible for the performance of company's production and enterprise networks and is a subject matter expert in the area of IP networking. The role encompasses working closely with key internal stakeholders, vendors, and customers. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of current network engineering principles hands-on experience in designing, optimizing, and troubleshooting large-scale networks.
* Responsible for capacity planning, design, and engineering, of a high-availability WAN IP Network.
* Provide direction to teams to ensure proper scopes, processes, procedures, and test plans are developed and adhered to.
* Provide input and technical guidance to contracts with respect to solutions architecture, pricing, and KPIs
* Manage the development of monitoring and reporting protocols that meet internal customer KPI requirements.
* Design, architect, and manage installation, configuration, and maintenance of necessary systems for scalable, resilient, and secure LAN/MAN/WAN infrastructure.
* Provide direction and adherence to document control processes to ensure the network and support systems are properly documented and updated to ensure proper maintenance, operations and billing.
* Direct the preparation and implementation of personnel development and training programs.
* Implement policies, procedures for the department within the framework of corporate policy ensuring compliance with strategic corporate objectives.
* Install, configure, and maintain necessary hardware for high availability of the network.
* Install new software releases, system upgrades and patching.
* Perform system backups and recovery of all operational devices.
* Maintain and support high density public Wi-Fi network infrastructure.
* Assist NOC team with network related issue.
* Provide continuous 24x7 support of Shutterstock LAN/WAN and WLAN infrastructure.
* Provide excellent customer support to existing and potential customers.
* Communicate with vendors on network requirements for new equipment and/or related issues.
* Document, track, and monitor network related problems to ensure a timely resolution.
* Assist in administration, maintenance, development and implementation of policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of information and availability of systems.
* Evaluating new technologies as appropriate and required.
* Manage the budget for the Network Engineering team to cover support contracts, vendor services, network upgrades, and full-time and contract staff.
* Applying, developing and sharing specialist and detailed technical expertise, understanding other organisational disciplines.
* Analysing information, probing for clarity, producing solutions, making judgements, thinking systemically.
* Setting objectives, planning, establishing contingencies, managing time, resources and people, monitoring progress.
* Following procedures and instructions, time keeping, showing commitment, and keeping to safety and legal guidelines.
* Learning rapidly, gathering information, understanding rapidly, managing knowledge, ensuring organisational learning approach.
* Focusing on customer needs and satisfaction, setting high quality and quantity standards, working systematically, achieving project goals.
* Excellent communications skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or related field. Master's preferred
* At least one of the following certifications (or equivalent) required: JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE
* Strong background in Network Engineering and Architecture with a particular focus on security, high availability, and large-scale environments.
* Minimum of 15 years of experience in network engineering
* Minimum of 10 years with network management and monitoring tools
* Minimum of 7 years of in network security
* Minimum of 3 years server administration (Linux or Windows)
* Minimum of 5 years of Wi‐Fi experience
* Experience in the following network protocols: BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, MPLS, TCP/IP, BFD, Q-in-Q, Multicast Routing, QoS,
* Experience with following network technologies: RADIUS, NTP, PTPv2, NetFlow / IPFIX, SNMP, syslog, DNS, DHCP
* Familiarity with Wi‐Fi communication protocols and technologies such as 802.11 b/g/n/ac, MIMO, TKIP, AES, WEP, WPA
* Experience with Cloud platforms and server virtualization a plus
About Shutterstock, Inc.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), directly and through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 260 million images and more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com and follow Shutterstock on Twitter and on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Shutterstock is a stock photography agency providing photographs, illustrations, vectors, videos and music to businesses and individuals.