First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As Manager, Network Architecture, you'll oversee First Republic Bank's transition to cloud computing. In concert with other architects within the Bank, you'll help create a center of expertise and forum for common network component design, reuse and exploitation; and contribute significantly to the definition and documentation of network standards and best practices. You'll be responsible for migrating legacy networks to public and hybrid clouds and for cloud-specific network solution architectures using automation and software-defined networking tools.
What you'll do as a Manager of Network Architecture:
* Own the creation of the cloud network-specific solution architecture(s) required to achieve end-to-end solutions by identifying the appropriate network systems or platforms and creating a solution context diagram.
* Provide technical leadership for a team of network engineers and administrators, setting the tone for definition, design and implementation of new network infrastructure components and services.
* Identify the dependencies between various network components of the solution and, working with engineers and other architects, ensure that the systems/platform owners can deliver their solutions on time.
* Create solution artifacts and present them to the Architecture Review Board (ARB) for review and approval.
* Work with project managers to break solutions into work streams and tasks and coordinate with every platform/system owner involved in the overall solution.
* Work with engineers to maintain overall network platform stability, security and reliability.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's or master's degree in a technical or business discipline or related experience
* Eight to 10 years of network infrastructure operations and engineering experience
* Five to seven years of experience managing a network engineering team
* A motivation to create and demonstrate business value through the effective use of technology
* Familiarity with industry best practices in network technology standards, cybersecurity, development standards and emerging third-party software in order to advise on the best technology for the design and construction of First Republic Bank's client-facing network solutions-and the ability to effectively articulate and present the benefits to technical and non-technical First Republic Bank staff
* The ability to demonstrate detailed understanding of architecture principles and methods, public cloud platforms, cloud automation and orchestration approaches and tools -- specifically AWS
* Broad knowledge of staple IT technologies, including LAN, WAN, voice and video technologies; as well as operating systems, servers, virtualization, storage and software development and their related impacts on network resources
* Experience in complex strategic transformations, including outsourcing and internal re-engineering of ITIL/ITSM processes
* Certifications in CCIE or CCNP, COBIT, ITIL and/or CISSP are preferred
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.