KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (KST), based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KST has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® operating room integration technologies.
What does all that mean to you?
It means you would be joining an organization where you can be proud to play a part in making a difference in people's lives every day.
Being a part of KARL STORZ offers many additional rewards.
This includes a commitment to offering competitive compensation, as well as a 401(k) with a 60% match up to the first 6% of your base salary.
We support our employees' health goals by providing outstanding health benefits that include, but are not limited to, medical (PPO, HRA, HSA, and flex spending), dental and vision, as well as amazing wellness programs where you can earn cash or gift cards.
We encourage work/life balance so our employees can recharge and take care of themselves. We offer new employees 3 weeks of paid vacation in the first year, 10 paid holidays and paid sick leave that can also be used to take care of immediate family members.*
We strive to continuously learn and give back to our community. We offer our employees the same opportunity through tuition reimbursement, multiple company-sponsored charitable events and corporate matching for charitable giving.
If KARL STORZ sounds like a company you would like to be a part of, we invite you to learn about our opportunity below!
The Master Data Manager (MDM), reporting to the Head of Master Data Office, is responsible for the strategic coordination and implementation of master data for a specific set of business units, all attached to SAP instances. The Master Data Manager manages a team of Master Data Specialists dedicated to specific business units. The MDM gets input from the department manager and internal stakeholder requirements in order to set priorities for the team; and also acts as the team representative and commits the group to deadlines in project meetings. This role will also provide day to day training, guidance, instruction and direction to the master data team.
* Manage all Master Data topics
* Facilitate global and local master data projects and initiatives
* Main contact person for stakeholders
* Management of master data team in
* Oversees the daily activities for the master data resources, and sets priorities based on business requirements
* Trains and develops the master data team and ensures appropriate knowledge is passed to support product structures and data accuracy.
* Identifies unique opportunities to collect new data.
* Strategize new uses for data and its interaction with data design.
* Finds new uses for existing data sources.
* Discovers "stories" told by the data and presents them to business managers.
* Build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models
* Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
* Degree in business administration, computer science or engineering
* Extensive knowledge of Master data structures and business processes.
* Project Management and Change Management experience required.
* 1-3 years in lead role.
* 5+ years data management and data governance in a regulated industry
* 3+ years SAP master data management
* Successful implementation of data or process harmonization projects
* Up to 20% annual travel both domestically and internationally as business needs require.
* Work experience in an international environment, able to manage team remotely
Other Skills and Competencies required:
* Proven analytical skills
* Problem-solving attitude
* Teamwork and Team Building
* Communication and Leadership
* Possesses a combination of creative abilities and business knowledge
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
* Data Management
* C hange Management
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
* Field sales, internships and part-time employees are not eligible for paid time off except for where required by state law.