This position is responsible for leading and managing a team which may include a Supervisor, QA Leads and/or QA analysts. The team is responsible for testing software changes introduced into the NGLS systems. Individuals in this role must understand the roles of the Software Quality Assurance team within the SDLC and be able to implement best practices and standard policies and procedures. This role is responsible for providing guidance to the team to ensure both team and organizational objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Manage a QA Team responsible for testing, evaluating, and validating IT initiatives and identifying issues in software * Team is responsible for designing test strategies, developing test schedules, writing test plans and test cases, and executing against the plan; defect management and root cause analysis are integral pieces of the QA process * Manage staff workload by understanding project requirements, estimating and communicating project schedules, forecasting needed resources and usage, prioritizing, delegating and tracking quality assurance tasks, supervising work and providing guidance as required to ensure quality changes are released to production, and efficient achievement of quality assurance goals * Facilitate day-to-day team operations by developing and implementing short-term strategy and collaborating with senior department leaders to align with long-term initiatives and leverage available resources for quality assurance initiatives * Establish and manage processes to ensure that enhancements are functioning as designed and meeting the needs of the clients and customers * Collaborate with Testing Partners, Project Management, Business Analysis, Application Development and Support teams to foster a team based approach to high quality solutions and drive appropriate changes to ensure high quality deliverables * Oversee coordination and scheduling of both outsourced and in-house testing services by reviewing testing strategies and documentation for IT efforts, monitoring progress of deliverables, and coordinating with direct reports * Establish, implement, and maintain metrics for measuring performance and evaluating QA operations with a focus is on quality of solutions and adherence to SDLC processes * Manage effective estimation efforts for projects and release changes with appropriate confidence levels * Coordinate and manage test execution cycles/calendar to meet release and project schedules * Manage the effective utilization of test environments to support multiple projects and releases during various stages of software deployment from development through to production * Create and promote innovative quality assurance strategies and methodologies throughout the organization * Collaborate with technical team members to define, develop and implement overall test strategies, methodologies, processes and metrics collection * Interface with senior level management and internal organizations * Accurately report on project progress and issues to Sr. Management * Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility * Manage a performance enhancement culture by actively coaching and mentoring direct reports, providing regular feedback and developing employees for wider roles and responsibilities to foster professional growth and development * Oversee HR related activities, including addressing staffing requirements, hiring, and performance assessment, supporting and adhering to established guidelines and timelines * Provide training and support to the QA team in alignment of a continuous improvement strategy by working with Sr. management * Create a positive can do environment fostering the values of initiative and accountability * Assist in all phases of code deployments; including, but not limited to, off-hours support and an occasional weekend
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience * 8+ year's relevant experience * Previous experience as a Quality Assurance Senior Analyst, Lead Analyst, or Supervisor * Demonstrated experience developing and managing test schedules, test plans and test cases covering functional, integration, performance, automated and manual testing * Demonstrated expertise in test case management, code coverage and defect analysis * Background in establishing testing framework for large-scale projects * Ability to coordinate testing efforts across multiple teams * Ability to scale testing to meet project needs * Advanced knowledge of methods and best practices for coordinating and monitoring workload across remote locations * Experience utilizing tools and automation techniques as part of overall test strategy * Advanced working knowledge of QA processes and methodologies * Detailed knowledge of software development life cycle and the importance of QA involvement throughout the entire cycle * Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills * Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization * Ability to work at a strategic level with key stakeholders and the management team * Ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals * Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) * Ability to share knowledge and provide subject matter expertise within area of responsibility * Must be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage competing priorities * Strong analytical skills with the ability to organize tasks and interact with development team * Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines * Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
* Previous experience in Insurance or Financial related industries * Experience managing outsourced processes and working with testing partners in an onshore/offshore model * Previous experience as a business analyst or business systems analyst * Experience with a range of technologies (Mainframe, Wintel, Web, and Mobile) * Experience with Quality Management Testing tools * QA Certifications (CASQ, CAST, ISTQB, etc.)
Job posting ID: 007514/2
* About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training * Medical, Dental, Vision benefits * Wellness Programs * Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance * 401k w/ Company Match * Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy * Employee Discount Program * Career Advancement and Development Opportunities * On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices) * On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices) * Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.