Sr Manager IT Project Services
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To direct IT Project activities and colleagues, including project management for software development related to client and strategic projects, systems analysis and IT quality assurance (QA); to provide leadership in development and implementation of best practices, standards and relevant processes; to provide administrative guidance and controls ensuring quality, thorough analysis, timely delivery and productivity; and to assist with strategic planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages and leads analysis and prioritization of internal and external client requests; focuses on alternative solutions and cost-benefit analysis as appropriate; and leads in improvement of processes related to request management, scheduling and prioritization.
* Directs the management, innovation and strategic development of IT Project Services as an integrated Corporate resource.
* Leads the analysis, selection and implementation of cost efficient, effective, competitive advantages technology, and processes for internal and customer use; serves as an IT liaison with other internal (IT and Company) departments.
* Oversees and is responsible for current technology and methodologies related to project management, change management and/or quality assurance; collaborates on development of new processes, technologies, methodologies and product design; and supports business development and merger/acquisition goals related to IT services.
* Responsible for managing efficient staff resources utilization within Sedgwick IT.
* Oversees IT Project Services colleagues, ensures organizational priorities are being addressed in a timely and efficient manner with a strong focus on customer services and support.
* Actively engages senior organizational leaders to measure and improve delivery of service and support.
* Proactively leads outcome assessment and collaborative reviews to develop organizational best practices and guidelines for project management, systems analysis and quality assurance.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
* Travels as required.
* Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
* Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
* Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. PMP certification preferred.
Ten (10) years of progressive systems, development, quality assurance and/or technology implementation experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include six (6) years of supervisory or project management experience.
Skills & Knowledge
* Thorough knowledge of technology and project management tools and methodologies
* Strong collaboration skills
* Knowledge of software testing tools and methodologies
* Knowledge of software requirement management methodologies
* Knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
* Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Leadership/management/motivational skills
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize
* Ability to work in and lead multiple concurrent team environments
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer