Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Manager, IT Program Management
San Mateo, CA
The Manager, IT Program Management supports and manages the operations and personnel of the IT Project Management Office (PMO). The Manager, IT Program Management partners with IT management in defining, managing adoption/rollout and maintenance of the IT project portfolio. The incumbent drives consistency with best-practice processes, standards and governance; contributes to quality assurance reviews to meet the organization’s quality objectives and coordinates portfolio governance activities across all IT functional portfolios.
- Oversees the IT program and project portfolio, to include development and continuous improvement. Seeks contributions from Project Managers, Applications, Infrastructure development, and IT Support teams to ensure that the standards meet best practices.
- Implements governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of program portfolio and maintaining appropriate repositories of data to support pertinent management dashboards. Build up a simplified repository of project templates and plans for consumption of both technical and management personnel such that best practices are used.
- Liaise with the entire Project Management team so that standards are implemented consistently across the portfolio. Help on-board and train new PM members on PMO framework and processes.
- Partners across IT functional portfolios, the IT management team, and broadly across business partner units to drive adoption of the PMO best practices and standards; seeks constructive feedback.
- Owns accountability for weekly governance processes (i.e. Change Advisory Board, aka CAB), activities, and data reporting of the IT program portfolio.
- Prepares consolidated material from project reports for monthly review; completes and distributes monthly operational review reports in simplified formats, and/or supply appropriate management dashboards with right-time data using automation as much as possible.
- Supports implementation of data quality strategies, including any processes and templates, across all projects and programs.
- Leads quality governance activities to meet quality objectives (i.e. Facilitate weekly Change Advisory Board, aka CAB). Manages the program level risks and issues register. Carries out assurance review processes as required on Program Charters and other key deliverables for new programs.
- Monitors projects against time, budget and quality standards; owns portfolio milestone reports.
- Manages program level Lessons Learned repository; Facilitates Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement for future projects.
- Manages full-time and contingent staff within the PMO vertical of the IT Business Office.
- History of strong leadership and managing subordinates in a focused and collaborative, results-oriented culture.
- Strong communication skills with capability to facilitate deep technical conversations, leading a technical team within business, application, data, and technical architecture disciplines.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to lead in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with Senior Executives and technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on project management of large and small initiatives.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high-level of attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly define dependencies, issues, and outline mitigation plans against risks.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills / experience.
- 5-7 years of technical project management experience, with experience managing large scale cross functional projects with exposure to the end to end project lifecycle.
- 2+ years of experience working in a governance role as part of a PMO with a strong emphasis on program management best practices and methods.
- Deep knowledge and experience using common project management tools: e.g. MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent degree / experience.
- Experience working with software development teams in an internal cloud-based IT organization, with strong preference for those who have managed in Agile/scrum and Waterfall environments.
- Background in project management and change management.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PlayStation Now offers online game streaming services. Explore hundreds of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games, including PlayStation exclusives, acclaimed masterpieces, indie gems, and more, with new games added every month. Subscribe now!