Position Title: Manager IT Product Release
The Product Release Manager will provide technical leadership to major projects, manage a team of release engineers and be able to roll up their sleeves and work alongside the team. The individual will lead the team to shape and deliver JetBlue products including JetBlue.com. The individual will optimize their own code and make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs.
The Product Release Manager plays an integral role in strategizing, implementing and executing build management and release processes for all products. The role is an integral part of JetBlue's Digital 2020 effort responsible for the build process, build tools and monitoring used in product deployments. The Product Release Manger will help in defining, maintaining procedures and tools that are used to deliver releases in a repeatable and scalable manner. This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders in IT and matrix partners and overseeing the work of business partners.
* Manage the DevOps team that designs, implements and maintains CI/CD process using industry standards for JetBlue's internal and external products.
* Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools
* Provide leadership for release engineering inside JetBlue and manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of our products internally and externally
* Design, code, unit test, conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members on the team
* Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of the demand
* Responsible for assigning and guiding the DevOps team, representing the team at meetings and participating in strategic resource discussions
* Ensures quality, efficiency and consistency across all resources on the team by conducting code reviews and technical coaching / mentoring of resources on the modern stack
* Ensures monitoring and testing of business continuance procedures, ensures response to system failures, and is proactive in building processes to minimize/ eliminate downtime
* Collaborates with other IT Managers to ensure projects meet milestones, budgets and deliverable dates
* Manages onsite and offshore resource planning to deliver on the business strategy working with Matrix partners and business partners
* Makes recommendations regarding the acquisition and/or implementation of software to increase the productivity and efficiency of the team
* Partners with data center operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation and support for applications
* Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements
* Come up with innovations in terms of tools/practices/processes that allow for the fine tuning of the delivery process
* Configure and maintain processes leveraging tools such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket instances
* Assist Software Engineers with setting up jobs using Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
* Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and requirements for all internal and external development and deployment.
* Work with Software Engineers in creating and maintaining processes, scripts and delivering business value
* Work with internal and external DEV/OPS teams to ensure that the defined standards are met and used throughout all departments.
* Be part of the on call team to help resolve issues with the customer facing and support applications.
* Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree
* Five (5) years of overall experience working with infrastructure and/or Development teams to build enterprise-scale application integration solutions
* One (1) year of Leadership experience working with geographically distributed teams
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery process
* Experience with Bash, Groovy, Python, Java, Jinja, YAML, RESTful APIs
* Experience with Salt Stack, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Git VCS, Confluence, Jira, Vagrant, Centos/RHEL, VMWare, Artifactory (or similar)
* Strong knowledge of SDLC, Agile
* Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
* Ability to create clear, concise business justifications and recommendations
* Positive, upbeat energy and strong team player
* Excellent problem solving and structured thinking skills
* Set goals, strategies, and oversee deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites
* Excellent customer service and an understanding of how IT is ultimately delivered to the Customer
* Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 25%)
* Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue's Safety Management System
* Promote JetBlue's #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue's Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue's confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Uphold JetBlue's safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal Office Environment
Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sede
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement Back to top