* Oversee the requests, incidents and problems to ensure the Service Management ticket queues are effectively managed based on priority & commitment.
* Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues.
* Act as escalation point for all requests and incidents.
* Develop and mature ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
* Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
* Train, coach and mentor Desktop Support Specialists (Level 2/3) including career development.
* Oversee staff activities.
* Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff.
* As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
* Interact with internal and external customers.
* Understand and provide insight for reporting of SLA's, KPI's and trends to your manager including other ad-hoc, weekly, monthly reporting and as needed.
* Drive Ticket Deep Dives and develop strategies for improvement.
* Work to make End User Services Support the single source of truth and service delivery channel for IT.
* Support approved processes for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
* Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs or as assigned.
* Review survey feedback to improve services, tools and support experience. Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
* Onboarding of new employees.
* Continuous observation of internal support provisions, providing feedback for opportunities of improvement where appropriate.
* Assistance with creation of various forms of documentation. (Processes, Policies, Training Material, Quick Reference Guides, Knowledge base articles).
* Management of Project assignments and relevant activities as necessary in order to remain on-schedule for critical objectives.
* Possess a strong technology background with the ability to execute a task or project to completion, coupled with the ability to monitor trends and explore and recommend new technology.
* Organized and deadline driven with the ability to track multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Able to effectively set priorities and work well under deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, subject matter experts and business users.
* Maintains a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor and dress.
* Demonstrated performance and aptitude consistent with Illumina core values and culture.
* Handles confidential and sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
* Solid understanding of ITIL principles.
* Effective management of your personal ticket queue and Timely support of End User Issues or Requests.
* Advanced troubleshooting for day to day incidents or requests from Illumina End Users involving HW, SW or OS-related items (L2 and L3).
* Basic Mobility Support (Primarily for iOS devices but also for occasional alternative products.
* VIP/Executive Leadership Support.
* Highly responsive and effective Executive Support provision.
* IMAC Support (Install, Moves, Adds and Changes).
* Basic Asset Management processes adherence to support ongoing accuracy of Asset Inventory Database and Stock.
* Knowledge Base Usage, Reference and Collective Improvement.
* Effective management of hardware and software distributed to employees.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
The following core skills are highly desirable:
* Excellent customer service approach
* Clear and Adaptive Communication style
* Vendor management experience
* Initiative & self-management
* Process development & maturation
The following skills are beneficial:
* ITIL v3 Foundation
* Experience supporting Board Level Executives directly.
* Audio Visual user support experience.
* Event support (Internal All Staff's, offsite meetings)
* Project Management
* Awareness of Management fundamentals (e.g. Situational Leadership and Emotional Intelligence techniques)
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf