Manager - IT Applications Development
Req #: WHQ00015788-RT
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The purpose of the Senior Manager IT, Application Development position is to lead a development team in the continued design and development of automated planning tools. This position will collaborate extensively with our business partners to design, develop and integrate user interfaces and services that meets the business needs. This position will have a strong focus on .Net programming skills and Agile development with the ability to influence innovation within the Tech Ops Planning space.
* Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives within the web and mobile channels
* Collaborate with developers and business users to design, develop, and integrate user interfaces and services that meet business needs
* Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing project tasks on schedule and by interacting and mentoring junior and senior level developers
* Must be adaptable to changing designs and to adding performance enhancements
* Must be able to document code and implement code quality tools
* Play a key role in formulating and following the procedures for test driven development
* Play a key role with the adoption of the latest AMTs web interface tools
* Ensure IT application development process disciplines (solution delivery, project management, work requests, QA, etc.) and standards are established, effectively managed and performed
* Learn latest tools and standards within the web and mobile space and mentor junior developers
* Accountable for administrative management of 5-10 IT professionals, either as direct reports or sourced - HR administration, Time Reporting, etc.
* Provide leadership by establishing department and individual's goals
* Responsible for assessing and recommending improvements to the organization structure, roles and responsibilities
* Requires advanced technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes
* 12 months experience of Agile development
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
* +5 years of IT and business/industry work experience
* At least 2 -4 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* Airline Experience is a plus
* MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Systems, or other related field
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.