Why Work for Us?
The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America's largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Manager - IT Applications located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
This role is for a strong leader who is excited about creating and leading a high-performance DevOps group for the CRM, and Customer Care areas. This position is focused on delivering technology-enabled business solutions using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Services Cloud. This position will help establish agile DevOps process as a part of our highly collaborative team to execute on new ideas. This position will work directly with the technical resources, business and guide internal and external stakeholders to delivery.
How will you do it?
* Accountable for the delivery of new programs/projects on time, within budget and with high quality within their designated areas of a portfolio.
* Develop and recommend solution options to meet business needs.
* Ensure that projects are appropriately estimated, scheduled, planned and executed.
* Determine, monitor and review project budgets, schedules and resource requirements.
* Contract with and manage 3rd party service providers to ensure timely execution of project deliverables and quality.
* Provide clear, concise and timely communication to project team members, stakeholders, senior management and other groups as appropriate.
* Coordinates issue/risk resolution between teams.
* Ensure projects follow Michaels defined project delivery methodology, architectural standards, processes and policies to ensure quality of solutions.
* Ensures all provided technology services and solutions meet business needs for reliability, performance and security.
Applications Support, Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement
* Accountable for maintaining stable operations and executing within or exceeding SLAs for designated area(s) of applications.
* Works with and manages third party vendors that provide application support, (L1-3) for assigned applications. Proactively monitor and manage outsourced partner(s) performance and escalates deficiencies.
* Manage the business relationships and communications for assigned applications.
* Develops and maintains the application lifecycle roadmap.
* Determines support/maintenance milestones for upgrades.
* Oversees or manages technology upgrades, patches, or break fix.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to prioritize and schedule support requests and ensure timely and efficient closure of tickets.
* Facilitate incident, defect and enhancement review and prioritization discussions with the Infrastructure Support organization.
* Develop shared KPIs and performance metrics aligned to company business initiatives.
* Define and measure support services performance against service levels using measurable KPIs.
* Prepare and present management dashboard of the designated areas service performance.
* Champion improvements of systems to solve problems, improve stability and drive down support costs.
* Leverage support best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement.
* Ensure adherence to quality standards.
* Provide quality and testing support for all projects involving assigned applications.
Leadership Area Management
* Provide thought leadership with business partners and IT teams to build, align and execute to the strategic and tactical goals for the designated functional areas in a portfolio.
* Operate with a commitment to embracing emerging trends, operations and technologies that are applicable to the business.
* Collaborate, influence and communicate with business on project/enhancement prioritization and delivery/support status.
* Serves as an escalation point for incidents, problems, and service requests for designated areas in a portfolio.
* Coordinate and establish solution area(s), project schedules and release plans.
* Accountable for the annual project area(s) roadmap, schedule and related budgets and forecasts.
* Demonstrate leadership in the pursuit of excellence and continuous process improvement initiatives.
* Enhance own and teams' working knowledge of the designated functional areas and applications/technologies.
* Ensure associates roles and capabilities are optimally aligned to meet the support standards and/or business needs.
* Adheres to department operations standards, follows the prescribed SDLC process and operational framework.
* Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and selection process of newly hired associates.
* Provide mentoring, coaching and development for associates; partner with HR in decisions on personnel actions.
Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree
* Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or Finance
* Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ Salesforce Service Cloud or equivalent
* 7+ years of experience in progressively responsible IT positions; leadership or relevant areas of business support
* 5+ years progressive work experience, within a retail environment at a lead or senior level
* 5+ years of experience in project management and execution involving multiple major development projects
* Experience with retail systems
* In-depth experience in project delivery and the software delivery lifecycle
* Strong working knowledge of IT application development
* Experience with broad range of core business technologies
* Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
* Strong influencing skills
* Change agent and thrives in a fast-paced environment
The Michaels Companies is a company that owns and operates arts and crafts specialty retail stores.