This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree(Masters degree preferred) plus five (5) years managing a medium size information technology related project; plus ten (10) years working within a technology project team. Experience may be used in lieu of advanced degree. Experience in communicating with executives required. PMP certification preferred.
* Project life cycles and milestones Determine and document life cycle phases and milestones including all inputs, tools and techniques, and outputs for all assigned projects and if necessary, identify any additional project phases that fall outside of the standard best practice foundation of initiation/planning/implementation/closing. * Stabilize project components Document requirements, scope, objectives, goals, milestones, benefits, deliverables, resources, systems, constraints, standards of performance, risks, and success criteria for all assigned projects and strive to stabilize every aspect impacting the established life cycle iteration.
* Organization, systems and roles For each assigned project, define and document roles and responsibilities with clearly communicated accountabilities.
* Quality assurance Define standards and processes for meeting commitments at practical project phase checkpoints with a continuous emphasis on improvement.
* Planning Determine project boundaries and establish goals and objectives that align with the business case from the perspective of the sponsor. Create detailed schedules to sequence activities or mediate sprints that include accurate durations and resource requirements. Evaluate personnel needs to establish the basis for project team selection, training and or recruitment. Write and determine frequency for both project status and project progress reports. Systematically define and mitigate risks through an appropriate and approved risk management plan. Establish minimum performance requirements for the project team and perform quality checks to assess the health of assigned projects.
* Tracking and variance analysis Develop a methodology for each project to identify and resolve schedule slips, cost overruns, scope creep, and new risks that deviate from the predefined baselines established during the planning process.
* Corrective action decisions Manage tradeoffs with stakeholders and sponsors when variances are identified to bring projects back into alignment with the primary constraint and/or institutional objectives.
* Escalation and issue management Define formal processes for each project to identify issues, assign resources to close issues, and escalate resolution of issues in the event they are not addressed in a timely manner.
* Work authorization and change control Develop strict processes and criteria for each assigned project to request, document, and approve/reject changes encountered during project execution.
* Other duties as assigned
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.