Manager, Interaction Design - Bothell, WA
FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc . We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite's lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
The Fujifilm SonoSite Experience Design Team (XDT) is looking for a passionate, creative UI/UX Design Manager. This role involves working collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams to create innovative digital design solutions.
If you are Design leader with the proven ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and attractively and lead a group of talented designers toward that same goal, you may be a great fit for this position.
A great UI design has two goals: 1) Be intuitive, efficient and functional, or 2) Be attractive, rewarding and fun… Today, customers demand both. This role is instrumental in delivering great experiences to our users.
The UI/UX Design Manager will oversee the daily activities of the UX team assigned to multiple projects and cultivate an environment of sustained creativity and professional growth. The UI/UX Design Manager will assist the Director of Experience Design on design direction, team effectiveness, and cross-functional relationships. They are also expected to play an active, hands-on role in key projects by providing both design strategy and execution.
Essential Job Functions:
* Set the UI/UX design strategy for our products.
* Provide daily management of the quality and direction of the digital team's creative work.
* Guide the team in direction, style, methodology and process.
* Collect feedback and best-case examples from the team and collaborate with physical design and human factors to drive the potential creative futures of both your team and SonoSite.
* Provide necessary creative insights and project oversight.
* Oversee and inspire the creative output of your team.
* Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and personality of the team towards the success of our various programs.
* Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools to stay current in their skills.
* Reinforce the XDT culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy, happy, creative, curious, and open.
* Collaborate with the Product Owners and Stakeholders to define design solutions that meet our target user's needs.
* Foster and encourage our core purpose and core values.
* Mentor the careers of your direct reports.
* Manage day-to-day operations of the interaction design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
* Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables
* Identify and implement process improvements to meet project, internal customer, and team needs
* Participate in recruiting and hiring of digital designers
* Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork
* Establish and nurture good cross-disciplinary working relationships
* Participate in new product definition efforts
Knowledge and Experience:
* A history of providing exceptional design strategy for UI/UX teams
* A history of leading a team of high performing designers to realize solutions meeting user needs
* At least two years of experience managing a design team
* At least ten years professional digital design experience
* At least four years of professional digital design experience in the medical field
* A deep knowledge and experience designing within the Agile development framework
* Strong leadership and people management skills
* Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior digital designers
* Strong knowledge of design process and project management
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a corporate structure.
* Negotiation and coordination skills across multiple groups and disciplines
Please include your portfolio in your application.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and / or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 425-951-1200, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org . Additionally, the affirmative program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.