The primary purpose of this position is to lead a team of engineers and architects in providing end-to-end pre-sales support for data center infrastructure solutions, including architecture and design.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Directs a team of engineers and architects to assign resources with the appropriate skills to support infrastructure presales opportunities, including but not limited to Cloud, Networking, Storage, Converged Infrastructure, End User Computing solutions, and any related professional services. Ensure appropriate prioritization of resources.
* Collaborates with Sales Leadership to allocate presales resources to appropriate accounts and opportunities that will optimize the productivity of these resources.
* Participates in overall business planning, bringing current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems as related to the company's competitive position
* Provides a high-level interface to other departments and organizations within the company to understand their business needs and requirements, setting clear expectations, and communicating solutions progress related to technology services and initiatives.
* Leads and motivates pre-sales engineering and architect staff through coaching, mentoring, and performance management practices; sets clear achievable goals and puts necessary metrics and milestones in place to monitor and ensure progress; ensures certification requirements are met for all pre-sales engineers and vendor product lines
* Recruits new engineers with the skills and certifications needed to provide pre-sales support
* Participates in identifying, understanding, and communicating emerging technologies, market trends, and client needs; aligns with product and service opportunities; reviews new products and partners
* Participates in the development of business plans and budget plans that support both the long-term and the short-term objectives of the company
* Works with Accounting and Services Operations personnel to ensure accurate resource accounting.
* Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems
* At least five (5) years' experience developing and implementing complex IT infrastructure solutions
* At least two (2) years' experience leading IT infrastructure engineering teams in a consulting environment
* Experienced with leading a team of engineers and demonstrating coaching and mentoring practices.
* Demonstrated experience with design, development, and deployment of IT solutions using industry or vendor-specific methodologies and techniques
Other Position Requirements
* Demonstrated ability to structure, organize and lead a team of technical personnel
Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and retain technical talent
* Demonstrated track record integrating different vendor offerings to deliver end-to-end technology solutions
* Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to motivate a team to realize the goals of the organization
* Demonstrated ability to understand macro trends in the IT industry and to visualize and capture market transition opportunities
* Demonstrated communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and ability to delegate when appropriate
* Relevant certifications in appropriate technology areas
* Relationships with leading vendors in the IT manufacturing industry
Data Privacy and System Security
* All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
* Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position exists to manage delivery of technical presales consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.