How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA, is seeking an experienced systems engineer to join our team developing next generation air traffic systems. Raytheon's Air Traffic Systems (ATS) sub-mission area is a world leader in air traffic automation, surveillance and navigation, responsible for providing air traffic tools to air navigation service providers (ANSPs) around the world.
From proactive cyber threat hunting to GPS-guided precision landing to enhanced mid- and long-range weather planning, Raytheon continues to pave the way for the data-driven, dynamic future of air travel. Our unique portfolio of automation, surveillance, navigation and landing solutions -backed by extensive cyber, analytics and software expertise- is improving safety and efficiency across more than two-thirds of the world's air space.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Systems Engineering Section Manager in the Navigation, Weather and Services (NWS) mission area. The Section Manager is responsible for supervising a team of systems engineers who develop and support automation and radar surveillance systems in the Air Traffic Systems (ATS) domain. Programs supported may include STARS, STDDS, ATNAVICS, AutoTrac, D-RAPCON, DASR, Skyler, MASR, NWP and PIDS. The Section Manager will report to the department manager of NWS Systems Engineering, within the Systems Engineering directorate.
* Managing section staff:
* Monitors section staffing needs; resolves overages & shortfalls
* Develops section staffing plans and projections
* Writes job requisitions, interviews & evaluates candidates, and hires section staff
* Oversees and evaluates staff performance via career development and performance evaluation
* Coaches and mentors section staff
* Managing program performance:
* Ensures that programs within section meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements
* Engages with technical and program leaders to address execution issues
* Ensures section members and programs follow Raytheon policies and procedures
* Deploys and ensures process compliance; improves processes to enhance performance
* Managing growth:
* Communicates and executes engineering strategies and goals
* Supports section technical and cost proposals for new business
* Effectively communicates section status, issues, and plans with parties within and outside of own job function
* Performing in a part-time technical leadership role, which may include one or more of the following:
* Control Account Manager (CAM)
* Capture Manager, Lead Systems Engineer (LSE)
* Minimum of 10 years in systems, software or hardware engineering, providing demonstrable technical expertise & value to programs, commensurate with current grade and role
* Minimum of 4 years leadership experience involving responsibility for technical, financial, and/or personnel resources
* Experience briefing effectively to all levels of the organization, from peers to senior management
* Experience mentoring engineers of all grade levels
* Experience operating within an organization governed by company policies & procedures
* Experience in development, integration, and test of radar surveillance systems
* Experience managing staff (hiring, tasking, feedback, and/or discipline)
* Experience writing & conducting performance evaluations, in accordance with business goals and company values
* Experience managing programs via program metrics: development, financial, performance
* Experience in capture management: creating/reviewing RFPs, SOWs, BOEs, tech volumes, proposals
* Experience ensuring program progress via formal risk & opportunity management
* Training/certification and experience performing formal Control Account Management (CAM)
* Familiarity with Raytheon company policies & procedures
BS (MS preferred) in a Science Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related field 139103
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
IN - Indianapolis
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.