Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you? If so, the WW Amazon Logistics, Last Mile team is for you. We manage the delivery of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's customers, achieving on-time delivery in a cost-effective manner.
Amazon seeks a passionate, results-oriented, Data Engineering Manager to identify strategic initiatives that will form the next generation of Amazon Logistics. We strive to solve complex cost and cycle time optimization problems that no one has solved yet. Are you up for the challenge and ready to further develop your skills and long-term career? Look no further.
As an Amazon.com Data Engineering Manager you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will play a thought leadership role in our team - the team will look to you for advice on analytical and business issues facing them. You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things. You will have a company-wide view of the analytical solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. This high impact role will have an opportunity to lead a team to help design and build our data infrastructure from the ground up, work with emerging technologies such as Redshift, Andes, SageMaker and EMR, while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling, ETL, metadata, reporting, and dashboard development. He/she should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, has a strong business sense, and can lead a team to put these skills into action.
* Conduct deep dive investigations into business problems and identify potential opportunities
* Support and challenge your team to meet critical milestones
* Lead the design, implement and support a scalable and reliable infrastructure for Data Warehousing, BI and Analysis to drive key business decisions
* Develop reports and dashboards using various technologies (i.e. RUBY, HTML, PHP, Python, Java, and AJAX) to allow internal teams (technology, product management, operations teams) to understand issues and identify actions to be taken to solve these issues
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
* Identify ways to automate analysis through smarter software systems
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.