Follett Corporation is the world's largest single source of books, entertainment products, digital content and multi-media for libraries, schools and retailers. Headquartered in Westchester, Illinois, Follett provides education technology, services and physical and digital content to millions of students at 70,000 schools more than 2,850 physical and virtual campus stores in North America.
The HRIS Manager will be responsible for managing all HRIS related activities, including functioning as an expert in supporting HRIS and payroll technologies. Specifically, the role serves as a technical point of-contact and assists the company with ensuring data integrity, supporting upgrades, patches and testing of system changes.
Partners with HR Shared Services, HR Business Partners, and Centers of Excellence to work process design and flow, improve processes through complex data analysis/report analytics and leverage the return on technological capabilities.
Other responsibilities will include providing administrative direction and support to system users and help define and implement HRIS policies, procedures, and best practices.
The selected candidate will be a critical member of the HR Team, providing leadership and direction to all system related HRIS projects and initiatives.
* Evaluate, analyze, design, and maintain the HR suite of systems (Core HR, Benefits,Talent Management) and Timekeeping systems. Manages the development, enhancements, upgrade and maintenance to enterprise Human Resources systems and databases. Leads project teams regarding continuous improvement to Human Resources Systems. Manages a team of HRIS Analysts.
* Functions as the liaison between ADP and Centers of Excellence (COE). Advises COEs with regards to data access, applications development, testing of system releases and training. And provide secondary support for Payroll and Talent Acquisition COEs.
* Responsible for maintaining all timekeepping and accrual rules in the Kronos Time and Attendance system. Must have through knowledge of local, state and federal pay and time-off regulations. Partners with Payroll and Legal to keep all rule up to date to ensure accurate timekeeping and employee compensation.
* Assists with research and recommendations for functionalities currently not in use as well as effective use of current Human Resources Information System.
* Contacts and negotiates with vendors on the level of expected service, costs, and features of the HRIS, ongoing management of vendor relationship.
* Develops project plans for HRIS work related to large scale enterprise initiatives. Manages internal controls requirements for HR system processes.
* Meets with users to analyze and solve Human Resources problems by use of computers, web sites, reports generation and the sending and receiving of electronic files.
* Makes recommendations to management regarding software or computer equipment upgrades or acquisition to meet the future needs of the corporation.
* Develops strategic, departmental and personal goals and objectives in conjunction with the VP, Corporate Compensation and HR Systems.
* Documents processes, procedures, future state design and workflows.
* Manages the HRIS Project Portfolio to include the request for projects and/or support.
* Develops and manages project request process for the HRIS group.
In return for your expertise, Follett Corporation offers you the opportunity to showcase your skills in this critical area with a leadership that values, recognizes and rewards talent!
~We Look Forward to Working with You!~
The successful candidate will have worked in or led HRIS departments on a similar scope and scale, driving operational excellence and cost effectiveness. Critical knowledge of HRIS operations and strong technical and functional competencies, as well as the following is required:
* Bachelor's Degree in IT/HR or related field is required.
* Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills is a must, as is prior work experience with HRIS/ Payroll and Timekeeping systems.
* 7-10 years management experience for an HRIS department with large, complex, multi-company structure involving a union environment with a cross section of hourly and salaried work force encompassing multi-state locations.
* Strong understanding of HR System database design, including table structures, functions and processes and experience with database tools.
* Excellent prioritization, time management and organization skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple demands with proven results.
* Advanced Knowledge of XML, MS, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
* Advance knowledge with HR Systems and interface design (i.e., ADP Vantage, Kronos).
* Strong customer service orientation and effective organizational and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to be successful in a team environment, to think analytically through complex HR and business issues.
* Strong ability to facilitate system resolution with vendors and interfaces between vendors.
* Solid experience analyzing and creating complex HRIS reports.
* Demonstrated ability to think laterally with high levels of persistence to solve problems.
* Must be able to translate business requirement into appropriate design, formulate and define application scope and objectives, and implement complete solutions.
* Must be able to identify barriers to meeting project goals, and provide solutions that keep projects on track and on budget. Must be familiar with project management techniques, involving project leadership responsibilities.
For more than 140 years, we have been making it easier for schools to run, teachers to teach, students to learn and fans to celebrate.