At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do
what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Manager of Ground System Design Engineering to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA. As the Manager of Design Engineering, you will be oversee all development activity across a line of products.
* Responsible for all aspects of staffing & managing a team of design engineers.
* Functional management of engineering staff that includes providing performance feedback, career development, mentoring, and technical direction.
* Serve as the staffing focal for Design Engineers across multiple programs.
* Develop a detailed Product Definition Process that documents the process for creating and releasing Ground Systems drawings.
* Work with Product Managers to define product roadmaps and develop detailed Integrated Master Schedules that are both aggressive and achievable.
* Present detailed status reports and metrics to management.
* Lead the design team to produce a product that meets requirements within cost and schedule.
* Providing estimates for proposals and new business opportunities.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university
* Must have minimum 5 years of experience as a Design Engineer
* The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance and program access
* Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance
* Extensive experience with Northrop Grumman's version of Teamcenter Unified and Enterprise
* Extensive familiarity with drawing standards (such as ASME)
* Prior Management Experience
* Extensive experience in production drawing creation and release
* Proven success leading design teams
* Project Management experience such as Earned Value Management (EVM), proposal estimating, and maintaining an Integrated Master Scheduling (IMS)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/
Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/
AA and Pay
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.