United States Cellular
Manager, Contact Center Telephony - INF001299
The Manager, Contact Center Telephony executes on the strategy, planning, design, projects, and overall health of the Telephony related systems within U.S. Cellular's Contact Center entities. Provides input into the technical design strategy and implementation of long range technical planning. This role manages the daily operations of the telephony technology solution and the interdependencies between the telephony technical components, to ensure seamless of delivery of systems to our internal business partners. Manages vendor relationship, internal business relationships; partners internally within U.S. Cellular's Information Technology group.
The Manager, Contact Center Telephony manages a team of Telephony Infrastructure Engineers responsible for executing on the planning, design, implementation and support of Telephony related technologies including IP Telephony platforms, Gateways, Session Border Controllers, and VoIP Networking Infrastructure. Provides coaching, performance management and evaluation for direct reporting staff.
* Leads the team focused on providing telephony and telephony applications support and solutions, and owns that space within the Telephony Services team supporting Contact Center Solutions.
* Partners with Customer Service Operations and other internal business partners to provide support, guidance, and updates for telephony activities within their team
* Provide leadership over a team of highly technical professionals (Associate through Sr. Engineer levels). Provide direction, coaching and training for these associates.
* Partner with technology teams to engage business partners and vendors in developing technology / product strategies, then develop strategic plans for the infrastructure that align with business objectives within the team.
* Manage telephony-related services throughout their lifecycle; includes development, training, implementation, and continuous improvement throughout the team.
* Develop, manage and communicate key performance indicators and service level objectives throughout all levels of the organization. Partner with management and technical staff to ensure timely, accurate, and cost effective service delivery.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Telephony or related discipline required.
* Minimum 3 years of experience of Telephony technologies and systems design.
* Will consider non-degreed candidates that exceed required work experience.
* 5+ years of relevant experience in Telephony
* 2+ years of relevant experience in management positions over highly-skilled IT professionals.
* Strong presentation abilities.
* Background in IT infrastructure, operations, and Telephony support
* Ability to influence and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams; ability to lead meetings and develop consensus for solutions
* Demonstrated ability to coach and teach associates in an ongoing effort to improve the performance of the larger team
* Good analytical and problem solving skills; ability to identify problems, develop and evaluate options, and implement solutions
* Ability in performing risk analyses and impact analyses
* Excellent verbal, writing, and presentation skills; ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
Relevant Technical Skills
* Contact Center Telephony Infrastructure experience with a good understanding of how it all functions in an enterprise and call center environment.
* Genesys CIM Framework, including URS, GVP, SIP Server - preferred.
* Avaya Aura Platforms, including CM, SM, SMGR, AES, AAM
* Genesys is the preferred platform but we will consider those with experience with Avaya Aura and/or Cisco platforms.
* VoIP networking architecture and troubleshooting
* SIP and CTI messaging
* AudioCodes - Mediant Gateways
* Oracle (Acme Packet) - Session Border Controllers
* Call recording & analytics
* Telecom Trunking
* Familiarity with Standards & Methodology: ITIL, Project Management
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
About United States Cellular
At U.S. Cellular, we're not just in the business of connecting calls, we're in the business of connecting people.
United States Cellular