Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It's our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that's okay. We're not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We're building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, "We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
This position is with the Engineering organization, whose goal is to constantly test new ideas and implement experiences to drive the organization to excellence and provide flawless business execution. Engineering is truly the engine of our tremendous growth over the past 7 years.
Our mobile technologies on this project include:
* iOS - Swift
* Android - Kotlin / Java
* Scala / Play Microservices for REST APIs
* In this role, you will be building, managing and providing thought leadership and technical guidance for teams building native mobile applications.
* You will thoughtfully hire great engineers who complement the existing team and work with the technical leads to get the applications and teams "to the next level".
* You will lead execution of projects and partner with various stakeholders in Engineering, Product and other external partners and teams as needed.
* In this role you will need to keep your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
* 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience.
* 3+ hands-on technical management experience.
* Experience leading teams to build mobile apps on both iOS and Android and releasing said applications to the App Store and Google Play respectively.
* Coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of mobile applications and their dependent backend services at scale.
* Partnering with recruiting and other leads to build small and agile teams.
* Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers.
* Been actively involved in helping set product strategy.
* Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering.
* Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
* BS / MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience).
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America's diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition (email@example.com).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Rally Health
Rally Health is a company providing personalized data-driven information and recommendations.