We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and a versatile Engineering Manager to lead our Carrier Integration engineering team. You will be building our next generation data integration platform with your global team consisting of software engineers and support engineers located in US and China. You should have in-depth technical background and proven industry experience in software architecture, design, development and testing. Your team will build and maintain mission critical data interfacing systems that securely exchange membership data with insurance carriers and payment data with payment gateway providers. Your team will also be maintaining eHealth SaaS platform that are licensed out to partners.
* Provide technical direction to software engineers (6+) and support engineers (2+) located in US and China.
* Conduct technical discussions with partners to design/propose solutions that ensure flawless data exchange between systems in different entities.
* Be hands-on and lead the team in design and architecture to platformize various solutions (API, EDI, web scrapers, etc.) into a scalable integration platform.
* Analyze current architecture, legacy solutions and build a technology modernization roadmap that enhances our carrier integration platform.
* Set coding, security and other technical standards for the team in line with industry best practices and eHealth Technology standards.
* Champion WIKI standards for technical specs, design documentation and are able to communicate and explain complex technical topics to peers and non-technical audiences.
* Maintain technical debt and new technology roadmap for your area and continually push to deliver it.
* Conduct 1:1 with your team members and provide them with coaching and constructive feedback.
* Collaborate effectively with Product Management, Operations, Stakeholders and external technical teams.
* 10+ years of industry experience in software design and development. 3+ years managing a development team.
* Deep development experience in open source J2EE technologies (Java, Spring, Hibernate, etc.), design patterns, code refactoring, webservice (SOAP, REST), RDBMS and NOSQL (MongoDB knowledge a plus).
* Experience in ETL and other data extraction/transformation technologies (CSV, XML, JSON, web scrappers, etc.).
* Experience with design, architecture, building scalable systems and security standards is a must.
* Experience with SaaS or PaaS is preferred.
* Experience with data integration tools like Pentaho or MS SSIS is a plus.
* Experience in healthcare industry and HIPAA standards like ANSI 834, 820 is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
eHealth is the health insurance exchange and online resource for individuals, families, small businesses and Medicare.