What you'll be doing...
At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help our business grow and thrive. It takes vision, it takes focus and we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance critical business function in the corporate systems group at Verizon. We're always finding new ways to add value and provide strategic guidance. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
Project manage a team of resourcesin the design, development, deployment and configuration of Cognitive/Natural Language Processing (NLP)/Chat Bot/Emerging Tech use cases per business process and requirements documentation. Ensure creation of project plans and adherence to dates. Raise risks and issues and mitigation plans. Provide detailed status reporting, resource plans, project budgets, executive communications etc. This also includes managing multiple projects at the same time.
* Establish Governance framework defining a repeatable, standardized process for evaluating use case submissions, determining ROI, evaluating feasibility, obtaining necessary approvals, development/testing standards and deployment process. Ensure use cases are compliant with the governance framework and continually evaluate process improvements to framework.
* Manage stakeholder's interests, communicate business plans, align business resources as required for testing, issue and risk management etc. Provide executive and detailed status. Clearly articulate business benefit and ROI.
* Partner across CSG and wider GTS technical teams and architects to drive the project execution. Align/schedule resources. Escalate conflicts as required.
* Educate, evangelize, and find opportunities for the usage of emerging technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of related work experience.
* Experience in a project management role with ability to manage and status multiple concurrent projects and deliverables.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in either Finance, Accounting, or IT background with experience in deploying emerging technology.
* Strong understanding of Financial systems and accounting principles.
* Experiencewith management of large Agile program implementations.
* Experience with cutting-edge tools such as Robotics Processing Automation (RPA), Blockchain, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Natural Language Generation (NLG) and advanced analytics.
* Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time management skills and the ability to work independently, accurately, and with a high degree of organization.
* Excellent Google Application skills with the ability to synthesize complex ideas into visual presentations suitable for executive consumption.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact with team members and internal customers.
* Experience in agile project facilitation, delivery, SCRUM role, as well as SDLC.
* Experience leading and managing teams through large programs and/or products required.
* Ability to complete complex projects applying independent judgment and a high level of outcome ownership.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.