Role Summary:As the Digital Technology Site Leader for Aviation Supply Chain Engine Assembly & Test, you will manage hardware and software solutions across all life cycle stages. As an active partner, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide deliverables that will enable leading edge manufacturing execution technologies. You will work with larger product teams to drive accountability for broad objectives that support the business' transformation to a digital leader.
Essential Responsibilities:"• Partner with business leaders and users to creatively identify / evaluate / implement / improve business technology and processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions utilizing Lean and Agile principles
* Fundamental project management skills: ability to broadly estimate scope, and work to deadlines
* Participate in the preparation of long-range plans and assure that they are in concert with business objectives and goals
* Support and enable Brilliant Manufacturing concepts at the site including machine connectivity, sensor enablement, data visualization, mobility, vision systems, etc.
* Provide technical support for site specific software such as: Factory Management, DNC/PLC, Spotfire, etc.
* Drive the evolution of technology products and align them to the enterprise product strategies
* Execute as technical support for all site IT hardware including personal computers, network, server, audio/video, printer, paging, security and voice infrastructure 24x7
* Maintain documentation on all IT systems, installations, and configurations
* Ensure conformance of established IT architecture, standards, and practices
* Own the resolution of IT issues in a timely manner
* Coordinate and communicate all Change Management and Risk Management activities
* Participate in Global Shop Operations calls
* Support the evaluation / implementation of third-party software solutions
* Coordinate outsourced supplier efforts"
Qualifications/Requirements:"• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or other technical / IT field from an accredited college or university OR in lieu of a degree: a HS diploma/GED and minimum 4 years of IT experience or equivalent military experience/training
* Minimum of 3 additional years of experience with current Information Technologies and their influence on business functions
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job"
Desired Characteristics:"• Hands-on experience within a shop floor manufacturing environment supporting manufacturing execution applications and processes
* Ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging across multiple teams
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
* Quality and cost driven
* Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
* Innovation advocate
* Customer focused
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.Additional Locations:United States;Massachusetts;Lynn;
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.