Location: Irving, TX Position Summary:
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud-based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
This position requires that the individual be capable of playing a pivotal role; providing technical guidance and direction to our DevOps team. This individual will also work closely with all levels of management across the various organizations, researching new technologies and making technical recommendations to help ensure that SiriusXM Connected Vehicles continues to be a thought leader with our industry.
In this role you will be a key member of the DevOps team responsible for establishing highly available environments driven by Automation and DevOps strategy. You will also be called upon to utilize your influence, leadership skills and knowledge of Agile/DevOps mindset to deliver customer value .You will also partner with the engineering organization to drive conversion projects to cloud infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy -- Infrastructure as Code.
* Build DevOps road map for the organization and drive teams towards the same.
* Enable "DevOps" mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operation team.
* Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate dev ops tool -- on both cloud- and on-premise infrastructure.
* Design, develop, and support all AWS activities for most environments.
* Design and assist in the implementation of cloud based micro-services.
* Identify risks and issues with existing systems and designs and develop risk mitigation and transition strategies:
* Discover and evaluate new technologies and software designs for suitability for use in the CV platform,
* Create and maintain technical documentation for the CV platform architecture, services and operating principles.
* Manages a team of 3-4 engineers.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience. Master's degreepreferred.
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect preferred.
* 10+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market.
* 3+ years of experience developing highly scalable and reliable software systems on AWS.
* 6+ years of experience in DevOps-driven industry.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams.
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both in writing and verbally.
* Acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* A proven history of technical and organizational leadership.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause.
* Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, Footprints Service Core, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
* Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance.
* Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
* DevOps and CI/CD tools such as , but not limited Jenkins and Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, OpsWorks (for AWS).
* Must have AWS cloud knowledge - EC2, Routing, Sub-netting and VPC's, Cloudwatch, RDS, Inspector, State Manager, IAM, SNS, SES, AWS Backups, vSRX Firewall and NAT.
* Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS, GCP or Azure.
* Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline.
* Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with engineers to resolve issues at all levels.
* Expert technical understanding of algorithms, software patterns and anti-patterns.
* Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
* Scripting Knowledge such as Phython , Perl , Groovy , Java.
* Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Your favorite music, commercial-free, plus uncensored talk and entertainment, sports and Howard Stern.