Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
This role will be responsible for the hands-on leadership of the software engineering team that is building a care management platform. You will build a talented, highly productive software development team that works in an agile environment to produce high-quality, secure, scalable, user-centric applications. The environment is fast- paced, working on multiple projects with an emphasis on quality and rapid, timely delivery. In this role, you will have an opportunity to make a direct impact with our patients and clinicians.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the Development team resources across one or more product lines to ensure that software development Programs are adequately staffed, and ensure that targets for the Development and Maintenance and quality of products are achieved. This can include leading quality, test, or documentation efforts.
* Possess and exercise strong knowledge of successive stages of agile product development, planning tools and processes involved. Able to understand and implement all processes accordingly.
* Collaborate with business partners and cross-functional teams.
* Hire and lead talented software development team members to meet or exceed expectations for delivering high-quality, secure, user-centric software on time.Implement UX best practices throughout the software lifecycle.
* Provide architectural direction to the team on front end, back end, and enterprise integrations.
* Perform architecture and code reviews with the development team members.
* Resource forecasting and allocation of software engineers, quality engineers, and/or technical staff across multiple features for new product development.
* Establishing and managing vendor relationships for contracted resources, in conjunction with the project management team.
* Ownership of standards-based compliance or process improvement efforts, as required by Programs and as appropriate to project and product need.
* Participation in and well-planned implementation of established global software life cycle initiatives and processes, leveraging ROI, adherence to standards, and timely, measureable results
* Regular use/reporting of metrics for resource allocation, software defects, productivity, and efficiency.
* Establishment of performance goals for all team members.Leveraging effective, clear, timely communication via all available written and verbal forms and in a global context as appropriate for the initiatives and locations involved.
* Ensuring commitments and progress to schedules remain clear, reasonable, and proactively monitored.
* Provide regular constructive feedback on performance/development and address poor/mediocre performance on a timely manner.
* Recognize high performers to maintain motivation and retain key talent.
* Regularly communicate on company news and team progress against business plan.
* Create team spirit and maintain a culture of team work, innovation and learning, while maintaining and increasing productivity levels.
* Other responsibilities as required by management.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
* BA or BS Degree and/or relevant business experience
* 5-7 years industry experience preferred
* 2-5 years experience in information technology management preferred
* Possesses excellent critical thinking skills
* Possesses superior communication skills
* Demonstrates complex problem solving skills and develops comprehensive resolutions
* Possesses strong attention to detail
* Demonstrates robust project management and organizational skills
* Demonstrates integrity and professionalism
* Possesses expert knowledge of the software development lifecycle
* Possesses extensive software development experience
* May require local travel
* May require other travel for business needs
* May require after hours on call support
* Primarily works in standard office environment or remotely
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts' policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans