The Database Architecture team is part of T-Mobile's Product & Technology (P&T) Organization and works as part of the Transformation, Engineering & Quality (TEQ) organization to define the strategy, architecture, governance and capabilities roadmap for the Data Services team which supports databases for all applications across T-Mobile. The scope includes establishing Database Center of Excellence (CoE) as well as supporting database lifecycle activities such as building database platforms, governance framework, onboarding new technologies and continuously improving them thus enabling the deployment of faster, resilient and cost-efficient database solutions across the enterprise.
The Manager, Database Governance is a technical leader who works develops database solution, reviews design and architecture, evolves standards and best practices, participates in advanced troubleshooting of production and pre-production systems, and authors frameworks and utilities to improve the efficiency of the Database Administrators and Architects.
* Understands in depth the Data platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is currently available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.Collaborates closely with the Database
* Architects and Administrators in solution designs and evaluations value the project/feature/capability, determine approach for adoption and enable self-service
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Strong technology background in different database technologies - Relational (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, GraphDB), Caching (Redis, Gemfire) etc
* Ability to write, debug and tune sql and pl/sql, packages, procedures, functions, triggers, etc.
* Broad database management experience - Data Architecture/Modeling, Platforms/Infrastructure, Database Administration for large, complex and mission critical environments
* 10 years in Technology with 3 years of people management or supervisory experience
* Experience in Telecom / Billing domain preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Deliver high performing scalable, flexible and cost-effective data platform solutions that conform to architectural designs and T-Mobile technology strategy
* Build and own an enterprise wide database governance framework with focus on Database Center of Excellence DB (CoE), data protection, monitoring and maintenance
* Drive and innovate organization behavior changes through standards, metrics, processes, tools, architecture etc.
* Build and own a portfolio of policies, procedures and best practices to provide operational and engineering disciplines to current and evolving data technologies
* Evaluate emerging data technologies and market trends through research and POCs to improve and innovate on data technologies offerings
* Own and continuously optimize tools, process and capabilities to support data technologies
* Recruit, train and develop a high performing workforce
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.