Esurance is looking for a DBA Manager to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you'll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential. If you're looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits - including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement - then you may have just found your new home. Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
The DBA Manager will be responsible for managing the administration of multiple complex 24X7 High Available Databases for Esurance production systems. The other responsibilities being creating/evaluating/implementing tools and processes to ensure the database system's effectiveness, reliability, availability, security and recoverability. The DBA Manager will coordinate with Engineering and Infrastructure teams to carry out the execution of database changes through SDLC. This position demands a technical hands-on skill on database administration and attitude to indulge in troubleshooting during the need. As a manager, this position will be performing capacity planning for the databases, motivate and effectively manage to utilize the resources at both on-site and off-shore teams. Job Responsibilities:
* Ensures 24X7 high availability for all the production databases at Esurance.
* Takes the responsibility to troubleshoot and being hands-on on databases and servers during critical incidents. Must have prior experience with problem solving techniques using SQL and Server Monitoring Tools in high available and business critical systems.
* Secures database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
* Responsible for Performance of the databases, continuous improvement of stored procedures.
* Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
* Collaborates with the Security and Audit teams to protect our data across all databases and to ensure compliance to all applicable regulations.
* Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
* Provides a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
* Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; coordinating with Engineering and Infrastructure teams.
* Upgrades hardware and software by assessing transaction processing and database options.
* Assesses database performance monitoring and alerting processes and maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems.
* Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of the enterprise production applications including working with applications, technical support, compliance and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Shows a positive attitude to adapt to new technologies as and when needed.
* Effectively manages and motivates both on-site and off-shore resources. Qualifications:
* Strong hands-on skills with a proven ability to manage high available complex production databases on a 24X7 basis.
* Ability to articulate vision, strategy and tactics at different levels of the organization.
* Experience in designing and building data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data.
* Experience in data architecture, process improvement.
* Understanding of IT Security and Compliance audit processes.
* Leadership skills including building the team like hiring, training and providing technical direction to the team.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
* Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work well with team members from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
* Ability to maintain confidentiality. Experience/Education:
* Bachelors/ Master's degree in IT or related field is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* 8+ years of experience in database administration including 3+ years of leadership experience in large-scale high-available production database environments.
* Minimum 8 years of experience in managing and administration of high available MS SQL Server databases.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in planning/installing/managing replication and clustered database servers using MS SQL Server.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in T-SQL query optimization and tuning.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in No-SQL databases like MongoDB.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in MySQL databases. Physical Demands and Work Environment: Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it's something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
* Medical, vision, and dental insurance
* Life Insurance
* Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
* Wellness tools and coaching
* Group critical illness coverage
* Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
* Group legal
* Student Loan Repayment Program
* Identity Protection
* 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
* Choice Dollars
* Referral bonuses
* Performance-rewarding bonus system
* Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
* Health savings and flexible spending accounts
* Commuter benefits
Family & community
* Adoption assistance
* Buckle Up Baby program
* Pet insurance discount
* Charitable gift matching
* Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal days)
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability (employee-paid option)