The Manager of Data Protection is responsible for Operational oversight, lifecycle management, and continuous improvement of Pfizer's Data Protection Infrastructure. This role is a subject matter expert in the field of large scale Data Protection technologies with a broad range of general IT knowledge in a global and diverse enterprise setting.
This role will support Pfizer's internal enterprise Data Protection as well as externally hosted cloud DP services. The role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining service designs that meet specific business requirements that are in alignment with defined security & compliance controls. This colleague will then coordinate with various platform owners and domain experts (e.g. Operating System, Middle-Tier, Database, Network) to fully integrate those solutions into a cohesive DP service offering.
This role will be required to interface regularly with Security and Compliance teams to define and then implement the controls necessary to enable specific business use cases. Moreover, the role will act as a lead for the operationalization and ongoing support of DP services. The role will interface with key strategic operational support providers to ensure efficient and appropriate use of data protection resources, and continuously pursue improvements to increase value and ensure that there is good, clear documentation for all new and existing data protection services being provided.
This role reports directly to the Global Data Protection Lead, which is part of the Business Application Platform Service Organization within Enterprise Platforms and Security.
* Responsible for the strategy, design & engineering, implementation, operationalization, improvement and ongoing lifecycle management of Pfizer's global portfolio of data protection infrastructure
* Provide oversight and guidance to our technology partners related to the adoption of new solutions as well as business as usual incident and change management within the environment.
* Work jointly with Pfizer Security and Compliance to define the controls required to enable various different business use cases for data protection, an example being enabling data protection in the cloud.
* Lead project teams for the design and implementation of new data protection service providers, working closely with various Pfizer delivery teams and key business stakeholders to ensure the viability and effectiveness of existing solutions.
* Ensure the efficient use of data protection tapeless backup resources through the establishment of effective capacity management and consumption measures. Work closely with data protection service providers to identify opportunities to increase overall efficiency either through transition to different hardware or tools that will optimize our global data protection infrastructure and footprint.
* Work with business clients and Digital Leads (core and edge sites) to jointly evaluate data protection requirements and advise on operational viability. Lead the technical engineering and implementation of any new data protection technologies that will be formally supported by Business Application Platforms.
* Work very closely with our vast network of key strategic partners and advisors, ensuring that Pfizer stays abreast of the latest trends in data protection technologies. Continually evaluate new capabilities and provide guidance on improving data protection infrastructure within budget.
* Work closely with DBAs to ensure that database backups (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) are optimized (tape and tapeless), ensuring that best practices are being used so that backups and restores are efficient.
* Database skills is a plus but not a requirement
* 5+ years of experience in an enterprise IT setting, preferably one in a highly regulated industry such as banking/financial or healthcare/pharmaceutical.
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar technical/engineering discipline.
* Deep knowledge of and expertise with Dell EMC Data Protection Suite. Knowledge of other Data Protection applications would be a plus.
* Some knowledge of Quantum and Oracle tape libraries will be beneficial.
* In depth knowledge and expertise in designing and implementation of data protection and disaster recover services in the cloud.
* Deep knowledge of ITIL ITSM concepts is required.
* Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux OS in support of Networker Data Protection infrastructure.
* In depth knowledge of and expertise with Avamar and Data Domain backup solutions integrated with VMware technologies, include vSphere. Some knowledge of SRM (Site Recovery Manager) will be a plus
* Knowledge of encryption solutions and encryption key management.
* Deep knowledge and experience protecting database environments particularly Oracle, SQL, and MySQL.
* Understanding of firewalls and network security to support data protection.
* Automation of manual processes to improve efficiency in the data protection environment
* Knowledge of security and credential management principles with an understanding of best practices and how to apply security & identity policies to accommodate a variety of business controls.
* Understanding of networking technologies as they relate to hosting, including DNS, IPAM, load balancing, Virtual Private Networking (VPN), and Direct Connect or Point-to-Point services.
* Strong general IT knowledge including an understanding of large-scale distributed systems architectures, relational & non-relational databases, multi-tier architectures, content delivery networks, system performance tuning, storage technologies, disaster recovery planning & failover strategies.
* Provide third level (SME) support for complex data protection operational issues that are escalated.
* Strong communicative skills and the ability to simplify complex planning details into business operational terms in an international environment.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition
Other Job Details:
* Last Date to Apply for Job: July 4, 2019
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is a research-based biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development, manufacture, and distribution of healthcare products.