Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse - KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics - has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects - covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization - and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
* Lead the data engineering team or a work stream in a cross-functional engagement; Provide infrastructure recommendation, roadmap, solution architecture; Rapidly prototype, develop and optimize D&A implementations to tackle the BI/EDW/Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations
* Lead/mentor the practice to design, develop and maintain D&A solutions on premise/cloud/KPMG-hosted/hybrid infrastructure; Act as the team champion of some mainstream BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets like Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win and Power Designer
* Actively pursue and play data owner role in cross-disciplinary teams; Build solution architecture, logical/physical data models; Discover, profile, acquire, process, model and own data for the solutions; Implement data processing pipelines, data mining/science algorithms, and visualization engineering to help clients distill insights from rich data sources, including social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, client data and operational data
* Suggest, lead and involve in Research and experiment of leading/emerging BI/EDW/Big Data methodologies, such as serverless data lake, AWS Redshift, Athena, Glue, GCP BigQuery, and MS PowerBI and apply them to real client solutions
* Lead/play the data engineering SME in the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG and client
* Minimum of seven years of relevant data engineering experience in related industries, preferably professional services (minimum of two years as lead; minimum of one year in the management level)
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields or a PhD with three plus years of relevant experience
* Previous experience leading/completed a few production data engineering projects, including PoC (proof-of-concept), pilot and full production; Led projects of EDW to Hadoop/Data Lake migration, and/or on premise to cloud migration, involving raw data volume of 100+ TB
* Strong experience and knowledge in: BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets (Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win, Power Designer); Linux/Unix/Windows/.NET; Market-leading fluency of: SQL; and several programming languages (Bash/ksh/PowerShell; Python/Perl/R; Java/C/C++/Scala)
* Strong knowledge in distributed computing architecture, massive-parallel processing big data platforms (such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Hive/Impala, H-Base/MongoDB/Casandra, Teradata/Netezza/Redshift)
* Proficiency in: mainstream cloud infrastructures (AWS, MS Azure and GCP; their D&A-related Microservices); and implementing data lake and serverless data lake. Solution certificates of AWS, MS Azure, or GCP is preferred
* Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.