We're looking for an experienced manager to lead a team of highly-skilled data engineers. In this role, we expect you to possess a passion for helping grow and develop a high-performing and diverse team, and lead strategies to build scalable, consistent, and accessible data ecosystem. If you are passionate about strategy, planning, seamless execution, and building a high-performing team then we need you!
In this role, you will get to
* Build and lead a global team of data engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
* Provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of data engineering in a scalable ecosystem
* Lead data engineering strategy, manage partners, and help team navigate through complexities
* Work closely with partners across the company, and enhance this culture in your team
* Lead the technical product management and scrum master function in the team
* This role is located in Austin, may have occasional travel to Bengaluru and Sydney
More about you...
* You have at least 3 years of people management experience in data engineering field
* You have stellar people management skills and experience in leading an agile software team
* You thrive when developing phenomenal people, not just great products
* You bring expertise in building and maintaining high-quality components and services
* You are able to drive technical excellence, pushing for innovation and quality
* Experience with solution building and architecting with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Redshift, S3, EMR/Spark/Hive, Presto/Athena
* Experienced in SQL, data modeling and ETL processes
* Experienced in building data pipelines with such workflow tools as Airflow, Oozie or Luigi
* Deep understanding of big data challenges and eco-system
* Experience with test automation and continuous delivery
* A graduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
It's great but not required if...
* Proficiency in at least one high-level programming language such as Python
* Understanding and experience building RESTful APIs and microservices
* Experience with Tableau and Tableau administration
* Experience with Machine Learning
* You have worked closely Data Science teams or analytics teams
* You've committed code to open source projects and have some examples
More about our team
You'll be joining a growing Operations Enablement Team located in multiple regions across the globe. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and demand excellence, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things. BBQ, tacos, coffee, and whiteboards are a few of our favorite things!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.