The Commercial Systems Manager reports to the Director of Commercial Systems and manages all CRM and sales operations solution design. The Manager is responsible for reviewing business process definition, analysis of business problems, reporting & analytics, and provides direction on and supports the functional solution design to meet sales operations business need while working within the CRM and data warehouse architecture.
The Manager works very closely with the Commercial IT business partner, team, and external third-party vendors. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to comprehend business process and context, while also having technical skills to assist with design and review of appropriate solutions. This role functions as an individual contributor that is commercially business-savvy and works cross-functionally in a dynamic, collaborative team environment.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Drive and deliver functional solutions related to the Commercial business, including but not limited to CRM and field operations
* Manage a team of external solution analysts focused on supporting projects, processes and enhancements for Commercial units such as Field Operations, Patient Support, Marketing, and Market Access departments
* Lead key strategic programs that maximize business value
* Support all applications and processes utilized by Commercial, primarily Veeva and Tableau
* Assistance with third party vendor relationship to ensure system licenses, billing, periodic releases, etc. are all in order and coordinated with the business' growth plans
* With assistance from additional teams, ensure that programs are clearly defined, strategically aligned, and justified with an effective business case/ROI
* Partner with the management and business liaison group to establish overall portfolio of CRM and dashboards
* Work with the top executives as part of annual planning cycles to ensure appropriate capacity plans are in place for program execution
* Work closely with related IT teams to ensure business processes are properly enabled across multiple platforms
* Leverage the wide breadth of experience with major CRM and analytics packages, and other contemporary technologies, to automate business process and improve organizational efficiencies
* Ensure all projects have detailed functional specs to document what will be delivered to end users, written for both a business and IT audience
* Provide guidance for complex business and solution engineering challenges
* Assist staff in their efforts to provide tier 2 application support by isolating issues and implementing resolutions within the established IT change control framework
* Oversee development and maintenance of reports/dashboards using Tableau and/or other reporting tools
* Communicate effectively with business users on the status of enhancements and open projects
Education and Skills Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in an IT-related discipline such as Computer Science or equivalent experience is required, MBA is a plus
* At least 4 years of experience working in a Commercial systems Business Analyst or supporting function
* At least 2 years of experience working on projects related to Commercial/Sales Operations/Analytics
* Detailed experience with CRM reporting and analytics
* Understanding of HIPAA data requirements and impacts to systems or processes
* Experience supporting or working with a Commercial organization, preferably in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or any other regulatory controlled industry
* Strong knowledge of Veeva, including workflows, triggers, reporting, general design concepts and overall approach of Veeva as a CRM platform
* Proven knowledge of the software and systems development life cycle
* Proficient understanding of relational database concepts
* Ability to work and problem-solve independently and can manage ambiguity well
* Demonstrates a strong project management skill set; ability to manage multiple initiatives
* Strong written, verbal, training, consulting, and presentation skills
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.
About Sarepta Therapeutics
Sarepta Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing innovative RNA-targeted therapeutics.