Search for more jobs
Manager, Commerce Web Applications and Services
* Job: 21281-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
If you enjoy leading teams, working in a collaborative environment, business systems analysis, and have prior web application development experience, we have an opportunity for you. As the manager of the Commerce Web Applications team, you will drive the vision for this domain, manage the portfolio, and work with the Scrum development team to deliver solutions to meet business needs of MathWorks, Inc.
* Manage the growth and performance of 5-6 Java developers responsible for support and development of custom Java applications
* Working with business partners in Sales, Finance, Customer Service, and Business Model to understanding business needs and priorities
* Manage the project portfolio, ensuring the projects align with strategic goals and priorities
* Develop a deep understanding of business processes, workflows, and requirements with the Commerce domain and adjacent domains
* Ensure that Scrum team understands the big picture, including business decision rationale, project context and goals
* Oversee the implementation of applications in accordance with established standards on application architecture, design, coding practices, technical documentation, etc.
* Ensure high quality support is provided to our business users
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
* 2+ years of experience managing and coaching a technical team in building custom web applications, preferably in the IT environment
* Technical understanding of web application technologies and architecture, preferably with prior hands-on development experience
* Strong business and systems analysis abilities, including an ability to elicit, analyze, and document high-level and detailed requirements
* Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders at many levels in the organization, is an effective bridge between the technical team and the business.
* Experience managing agile delivery of software
* Experience managing a project portfolio, and communicating the application roadmap for a 1-2 year horizon
* Experience implementing quoting and ordering applications
* Experience as a Product Owner
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.