Manager, Client Technical Solutions
If you're interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Manager, Client Technical Solutions oversees an assigned work group(s) of Business Systems Analysts to achieve the goals and objectives of the market segment and business unit, including budget, revenue, customer retention, and new sales targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Oversees and manages the segment Business Systems Analysts, ensuring adherence to proven client team best practices, development of staff
* Provides leadership in order to recruit, manage and retain the necessary resources to successfully perform the duties of the assigned work group(s)
* Develops staff to meet the current and future needs of the organization
* Models and cultivates staff behaviors that achieve business success, including leadership skills, collaboration, accountability, and ownership
* Ensures that staff members are aware of business plan objectives, individual accountabilities, career paths, and the competencies critical to successful job performance
* Manages the client service request (SR) process for the assigned segment
* Ensures timely and accurate documentation, specification gathering, design review, prioritization, tracking, reporting, and oversight of client SR's from initial request to delivery
* Champions client requests on behalf of the client team, including turnaround time expectations and resources required
* Ensures that clients are aware of SR status throughout the process and that deliverables are on time, within budget, and meet the quality levels expected by internal and external customers
* Shares accountability for achieving segment revenue targets with client team counterparts. Aligns with and supports the sales process, and achievement of performance standards and client performance guarantees
* Achieves service commitments, including sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely execution of service deliverables
* Functions as technical liaison between MedImpact and assigned clients by leading business analyst team(s) in pre- and post-sales support, maintenance of business support, product implementation and support, and other systems related needs
* Serves as a key interdepartmental liaison to support open communication & collaboration between client teams, client shared services teams, and enterprise support staff
* Champions service excellence and builds internal partnerships that optimize service capabilities for our customers
* Partners with other MedImpact business units to effectively resolve customer issues and inquiries
* Implements new business and designs solutions that meet the mutual needs of MedImpact and its customers
* Supports new product offerings and strategic marketing efforts
* Actively participates as a key member of cross functional workgroups, teams, and committees as assigned
* Provides day-to-day leadership, including developing and administering policies, business processes, quality standards, measurement criteria, and operating budgets. Sets high standards and encourages new ideas for improving organizational performance
* Leads and promotes continuous improvement by developing and documenting business processes, assigning roles and responsibilities, and measuring results
* Identifies and leads the improvement opportunities for assigned work groups and business processes
* Seeks out and actively participates in business initiatives that contribute to service excellence
* Utilizes planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills to effectively manage the assets, tools, and processes necessary to achieve business objectives
* Provides recommendations for the acquisition/development or enhancement of equipment and systems necessary to support the business in an efficient and quality manner
* Manages and maintains commitment to operational goals in the face of obstacles and collaborates with internal customers
* Cultivates positive relationships with MedImpact customers through direct interaction and by achieving positive customer satisfaction results
* Promptly responds to service failures, resolves issues, and escalates concerns as appropriate
* Maintains awareness of information technology trends that may influence the company's systems and business operations. Serves as client team technology and business systems subject matter expert (SME)
* Delivers exceptional service to clients within the assigned region
* Promotes open communication, prompt response to inquiries & requests, flexible processes and technical solutions as well as timely accurate results that meet customer specifications
* Promotes the overall vision and strategies of the enterprise within the team
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree or equivalent and six (6) plus years Information Technology Operations experience in a PBM or related healthcare environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of two (2) years of technical project leadership experience required in addition to a minimum of two (2) years of previous experience managing and/or supervising staff, with responsibility for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Strong proficiency with MS Office / Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Outlook to create complex documents, manage schedules, and analyze data; Business user of multiple software applications/processing systems; Working knowledge of key business application such as SQL coding, Oracle forms, Golden 32, MedOptimize, Visio, knowledgeable of UNIX operating systems.
Other Skills and Abilities
Excellent writing skills with the ability to write detailed specifications and Statements of Work (SOW); Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate proposed design solutions, and provide technical input and guidance in a way that fosters understanding among non-technical partners; Good business acumen and understanding of the business processes of PBM services; Good decision-making skills, including expert problem analysis and discernment under pressure; Good planning, organizing, prioritizing, negotiating, team building, and leadership capabilities; Demonstrated ability to positively interact with clients, customers and staff members; Demonstrated accountability for achieving service commitments and ability to deliver results under tight time-lines and resource constraints.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.