Amazon is looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Manager to join the AWS Product BI, to lead the team responsible for building and maintaining end to end analytics solutions that drive business decisions. This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that has direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the many AWS Product teams like EC2, EBS, S3, Lambda and IoT.
Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving division within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day. On the AWS Product BI team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class BI is critical to our success. To help build this growing team, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, set high standards with a focus on superior business success. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously. AWS sets the standard for functionality, cost, and performance for many cloud based services, but it's still early days for cloud computing, and there are boundless opportunities to continue to redefine the world of cloud computing - come help us make history!
The ideal candidate will have a track record of building teams that span both business and technical competencies, gathering business requirements and creating BI and analytics solutions that have measurable customer impact, and demonstrating exemplary written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will have to set the right vision, strategy and roadmap and work alongside with stakeholders in the organization to make it happen. The candidate knows and loves working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner effectively with business leaders to answer key business questions.
S/he will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and be able to lead a team to innovate and think big, while diving deep to meet our bar for quality and accuracy.
* Hire, manage, coach and lead a high performing team of Business Intelligence Engineers
* Engage with leadership and diversified customer groups to understand the needs and recommend business intelligence solutions.
* Partner with Data engineering team to define the data elements and data structure that the team should leverage to enable analytical capabilities.
* Design, implement, and support platforms that provide business teams ad-hoc access to large datasets (eg data visualization tools for non-tech business users)
* Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
* Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions.
* Standardize data and report consumption across all customer groups.
* Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational and quality metrics.
* Be connected and influential within the Amazon BI community. Work with Data engineering, Software development teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of key data points.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.