We are looking for a highly-skilled hands on technical manager to support a 24/7 operation and multiple levels of advanced maintenance and repair to the broadcast facility. Supports a combination of on-site and off-site facilities, remote broadcasts, broadcast networks, transmission paths and RF systems. Responsibilities include occasional support of maintenance activities during overnights and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversees the maintenance and support of various broadcast systems, servers and data networks by the broadcast maintenance team. * Troubleshoots and repairs routine and emergency problems within the broadcast environment. * Installs complex broadcast systems and equipment according to specifications and standards. * Responsible for communication with staff and various teams as needed. * Delegates technical tasks to broadcast maintenance staff and ensures that results are delivered in a timely manner and quality of work meets expectations set by management. * Ensures regularly scheduled preventive technical maintenance in the broadcast facility is accomplished. * Contributes operational requirements to management and project teams. * Participates in new technical systems turnover and transition to production. * Performs routine inspections of broadcast system maintenance and installations within the data center and studios.
* Management of staff and contract broadcast technicians working in a 24/7 operation: * Performs technical staff performance evaluations and reviews. * Develops and implements training programs for technical staff. * Reviews workmanship from outside contractors and integrators. * Works as a team member for development of new technical systems requirements and enhancements.
* Associate's degree or higher in electronics, broadcast technology or equivalent, relevant experience. * At least 5 years of recent experience managing technicians within a broadcast or multimedia facility. * 5 years of experience directly supporting broadcast and digital media systems.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. * Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects. * Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels. * Excellent written and verbal communication skills. * Ability to work independently and in a team environment. * Ability to pay attention to details and be organized. * Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person. * Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles. * Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Advanced experience with digital and IP-based routing, playout and recording systems. * Broadcast audio digital consoles and related studio equipment. * Technical experience working within a data center. * Basic understanding of data network routers, switches, and firewalls. * Installation and deployment of systems, networks and structured cabling within a broadcast facility. * PC and MAC based broadcast and production workstations setup and configuration. * Satellite downlink operations and hardware support. * Various IP and ISDN encoding/decoding hardware. * Familiarity with telecom and networking systems and circuits including T-1, MPLS and Gig speed data circuits. * Ability to diagnose, detect and isolate equipment faults by equipment log review and signal flow documentation analysis. * Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.