Manager, Big Data Architect
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Position Purpose and Scope: Ralph Lauren's Data &Analytics (D&A) team is building the future state cloud strategy for Data Lake, Enterprise Data Warehouse and advanced analytical applications, to enable advance-analytics, Machine-Learning/AI. This role will work closely with technology leaders to drive and lead the technical artchitecture and roadmap for enabling Data Lake, EDW and advanced analyctical capabilities in areas of Machine Learning AI and Cognetive Analytics.
As a Big Data Architect in the D&A organization, you will be responsible for defining the platform strategy that meets the needs of our data science teams, internal processing and customer-facing web and mobile applications. This person will work closely with Corporate I/T, business analysts and peer architects to understand the customer requirements/needs and available disparate data pipes to determine the optimal approach to managing (load, store, access, and govern) the data in our data platform - including relational databases and Big Data.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead the D&A team in building the Data Lake to enable the advanced analytical capabilities on Customer Analytics, AI capabilies around Planning and Forecasting
* Re-engineering of the On-premise EDW platform to the Cloud platform.
* Partner with Infrastructure/Data-Engineering teams to enable the roadmap and direction of advance-analytics.
* Work on our Cloud/Data Lake strategy enabling advanced analytics.
* Manage teams/vendors to design, build and deploy Advance analytics solutions.Documentation including Requirements, Business Process, Solution Design, Functional Design, Test Strategy & Test Scripts all at varying degrees of detail
* Managing implementation of designed solutions
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Technical background- BS/BA or Advanced degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other Computational Science)
* 8+ Years of experience in Data Management Strategy related to Big-Data, EDW and/or Distributed processing platforms
* 5+ Years of experience building Data Lake foundations/platforms and associated analytics services (Python, R, PS3, Azure, AWS Redshit, Snowflake, Hadoop, Etc)
* ETL/ELT experience in traditional data (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.) and/or Big data platform using Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Flume etc.)
* Experience in NoSQL solutions (Hive, HBase, MongoDB, etc.) and managing unstructured data
* Working experience in IOT projects
* Experience with Big Data on public cloud hosting services (e.g., Azure, AWS)
* Deep knowledge in architectural patterns
* Retail background would be a plus, but not mandatory
* Experience of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Able to work across multiple departments and with stakeholders in different countries and companies and manage various reviews and sign offs as part of delivery
* Able to identify problems and ensure the prioritisation and escalation is appropriate
* To be flexible in approach and able to manage changing priorities
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively and appropriately to staff at all levels
* To work as part of a large team and share information using technology effectively
Manager, Big Data Architect
About Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren is a company engaged in the design, marketing and distribution of lifestyle products.