This role is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining complex information and physical security systems globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Meets end user needs by ensuring that the uptime, performance, resource availability, and security of applications managed are within established budgets and operational guidelines
* Works with Director of Security to design and maintain strategy for best practices and standards in maintaining security and safety of operations at all GIA locations.
* Researches and resolves application issues
* Administers, tests, and implements application enhancements, fixes, and new releases
* Plans for and responds to service outages and other problems
* Work directly with teams to develop, document, and determine future enhancements.
* Communicates and collaborates with IT, application providers, and/or other support groups on any system problems and issues.
* Administers data elements within application such as user access, security, and data setup.
* Reviews application functionality and work process flows to propose and develop innovations.
* Review backup processes and procedures to ensure business continuity, data integrity and accuracy.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to business applications.
* Manages projects, as needed.
* Technological support of global physical security systems, to help ensure efficient effective and reliable operation of all global security systems including CCTV surveillance, access control, and intrusion detection systems. Other support of ancillary systems to support physical security operations such as emergency notification system and mass notification systems and others.
* Quick decision making based on sound judgement and often works remotely with other global locations to support them via telephone of other electronic communications to assist with security systems.
* Must work well and collaborate closely with contracted, in-house information technology, and other end-user personnel.
* Provide system administration for security applications to include permissions setup, roles and responsibilities, and user training and for security access, intrusion, and surveillance systems for security staff at global locations
* Provide input into new design, upgrades or remodel with regards to technical security systems (cameras, doors, locks, software, programming).
* Supervise and manage small number of Physical Security systems support staff (e.g. System Administrators and Application Administrators). Ensure alignment of staff efforts to strategy and standards established.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills for vertical and lateral communications.
* Strong leadership and team building skills.
* Responsible for ensuring SOPs (standard operating procedures) are created and maintained for all aspects of service delivery.
* Works together with IT and its managed service providers
* Follow GIA IT's project delivery lifecycle processes.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
Previous experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN) and other types of networked storage arrays, MS Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VMware, Citrix, Nutanix, MS Exchange, O365, MS SQL, Active Directory, file and print servers and other applications on OEM (HP, DELL, IBM, etc.) servers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience in related field, and 5+ years of related experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
Hyper converged Infrastructure (HCI), Cloud (AWS, AZURE, Google) & Backup Technologies (Rubrik)
Lenel® Access Control (Onguard) software systems and some hardware knowledge
Avigilon® Video Management Systems
Axis® and Avigilon® camera maintenance and support tools
Basic to Intermediate knowledge of infrastructure and configuration of hardware and virtual environments to operate physical security applications.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees.