Requisition ID: 219887
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Job Description: Manager, Application Support
What We Do:
SAP Fieldglass provides a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 300 customers leverage SAP Fieldglass to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency.
What Sets Us Apart:
SAP Fieldglass was "born cloud". As one of the forerunners of today's highly successful cloud delivery model, SAP Fieldglass has been a Software-as-a-Service application since its start. At a time when many buyers were using behind-the-firewall ERP applications to manage their non-employee workforce, this VMS industry first is now the industry standard.
Some of our attributes include:
* We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in March 2014 were named the top company in our industry by Forrester Research.
* Multilingual help desk support is available around the clock 365 days a year - in addition to a dedicated Account Services team.
* Not only an industry leader but a thought leader - SAP Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our 'From the Field' blog and social media accounts.
* We work with the world's leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
* We are now part of SAP, a market leading enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
SAP Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a collaborative office environment. Those with an entrepreneurial and can-do attitude keep SAP Fieldglass at the top of its industry.
Manager, Application Support:
We are currently seeking a Manager for our Application Support Team. The Manager will be responsible for managing performance and development of team members, including policy administration, compliance, coaching, disciplinary action and recognition. Responsibilities include:
* Provide daily direction and communication to their respective team to ensure customer issues are addressed in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
* Provide statistical and performance feedback and coaching on a regular basis to each team member.
* Write and administer performance reviews for skill improvement.
* Be available on/off business hours for employees that experience work and/or personal problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution.
* Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their jobs.
* Respond to and resolve employee relations issues expressed by team members; create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
* Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy.
* Manage support operations to include the development, analysis and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling, and reward/recognition programs.
* Work collaboratively with global management team, ensuring customer issues are handled efficiently and effectively.
* Actively manage work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
* Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
* Manage client escalations by providing resolution or proper direction.
* Establish continuous improvement procedures to increase efficiency, improve the processes and policies for our global support teams.
* Enable a high performance culture and open mindset.
We're Looking For:
* Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills with the demonstrated ability to influence team members, peers, clients and stakeholders.
* Proven ability to consistently deliver results at a high level.
* 2-5 years experience in team management or acting in a leadership capacity.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Ability to develop and motivate a team.
* Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively with senior and/or executive management.
* Proactive in establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently and effectively.
* High customer orientation and focus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.