About the role:
Information Management is looking for a driven and self-directed IT manager to actively manage 2-3 agile development squads supporting our business strategies for Agency & Strategic Partnerships as well as Finance. As a Manager in Business Solutions Data Engineering you will be responsible for the data products in these domains, partnering with your business counterpart in executing the markets strategic vision. You will also work with Product Owners and stakeholders to ensure that our go-forward business projects and technology choices, both in the cloud and on premises are advancing. This role will report to the Director of Business Solutions & Data Engineering within the GRM U.S. Technology Information Management organization.
We are an organization spread among New Hampshire, Boston and Seattle. You will manage up to 15 analysts, developers & scrum masters located in Boston, MA, Dover, NH and Seattle, WA
In this role you will:
* Build and maintain successful relationships with our business colleagues and internal customers aligned to Agency & Strategic Partnerships.
* Create a high level of service through establishment of effective partnerships and ensuring quality and service standards across the teams; analyze and resolve quality and delivery challenges; identify trends; recommend design, development and testing practice improvements
* Extend and evolve our agile practice, work with coaches, partners and team members to empower and improve team dynamics and delivery
* Lead agile data squad development efforts, together with aligned Scrum Masters and Product Owners.
* Be responsible for execution of projects supporting our Agency Sales channel, our Affinity partnership channel and support our internal financial systems used for market analytics.
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Master's degree preferred.
* Eight (8) years hands-on experience developing big data, data warehouse and/or analytic solutions using RDBMS and NoSQL data platform technologies and ETL/Data Ingestion protocols.
* Four (4) or more years of people leadership experience with direct accountability for managing employees.
* Customer/business focus with ability to negotiate, facilitate and build consensus.
* Strong team building and people management skills in a matrixed and geographically dispersed organization.
* Strong process orientation with effective organizational, communication and presentation skills.
* Working knowledge of project management and Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and tools (Jira, Confluence and Microsoft Project).
* In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities.
* In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies.
* Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
* Experience with reporting and analytics tools with relational and non-relational sources.
* Experience with Reporting tools (MicroStrategy and Power BI).
* Experience in Data Science and Advanced Analytic tools (R, Python and/or SAS).
* Experience with quality assurance in large scale, complex data environments
* Experience in financial reporting at scale.